Sol Press [Irotoradori no Sekai Kickstarter Story]

Maxel

Hey guys, I created some info graphic of how badly things went with IroSeka Kickstarter and how SolPress solves things, I tried to put this post on r/vn looks like it was banned, then I was banned, then I went on their discord to ask why, then I was banned without any explanations, I think people just want to silence any possible negative truth about some of english publishers. We as community want to do our best to support them so we can be happy with more projects, and this is how they are treating their core fanbase... It's just really sad thing to see. All I did was copy pasted most meaningful parts of their KS updates, and copy pasted my insights. My one and only goal to accomplish is to make people aware and warn them from dealing with companies like Sol Press which obviously don't know how to treat their customers and supporters.

PS1P0zR.jpg

I understand them, in a way. 

They simply cannot afford refunds, otherwise they simply go bankrupt or worse.  

I believe that after the success of Newton, it was a huge mistake to take such a bunch of projects...

When they have very few workers.  Now they can’t do anything, because they don’t know what to do...

Just handle more than... Well... 10 VNs?.. That's terrible.

This is just my idea, but I think what they may be doing, and not only them, Sekai Project and Frontwing probably as well, is that they're using Kickstarter money to license/produce something else, and then when it comes to it and they have to fulfill physical pledges it will be hard for them to do so, so they just decided to go slow with KS. But it's only some of the companies that may practice this... No one is checking anything.

Unfortunately, risk of disappointment--or even project implosion--is part of the crowdfunding experience.

1. Never back more than you're willing to see disappear with nothing to show for it.
  2. Don't back companies you don't trust.
  3. Don't back with any expectation of timelines being met or delays being properly communicated.

Companies have no obligation to refund your money if you aren't satisfied.  If you have concerns about any of the above, you shouldn't be pledging in the first place.

That said, clearly Sol Press is in pretty dire straits if a few thousand dollars is more important to them than their company's reputation.  It sounds like their main concern right now is stopping the bleeding rather than long-term health.

Edited by sanahtlig

If enough people are demanding their money back that the whole project is in peril of getting cancelled, they don't have a choice.  I, along with all the other people who haven't demanded our money back, will angrily demand that they deliver what was promised.  I don't want a refund.  I want my game.  And, you know, there's more of us than there are people asking for refunds (even if there have been a lot of requests for refunds).

When they Kickstarted this project, they took upon themselves an obligation to deliver.  Giving refunds to people who ask is not actually something Kickstarter obligates them to do.  So if they have to pick, one or the other, well, that's not a hard decision.  Their reputation is equally in peril if they cancel the game because a minority of folks have buyer's remorse.

Edited by Nandemonai