VN in a workplace setting

Th3Expl0Rer2

3 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Haven’t read it yet, but Our Lovely Escape just released a few weeks ago.

It sucks though...

Eroge! comes to mind, but it's a nukige. I can also think of a few where the protagonist is a working adult, like DameKoi or even Kara no Shoujo, but they don't really have much to do with the workspace environment...

Nekopara and has a workplace setting (a bakery), but probably not what you are looking for.

There is also Making*Lovers which doesn't really seem to have a workplace setting, but atleast have adult characters that are working so you avoid the high school setting. It is not out yet though but it shouldn't take too long looking at the progress for the translation and editing.

The Future Radio & the Artificial Pigeons is another VN that is still being translated that might be somewhat what you are looking for, I am not sure but it seems like a lot of the characters work together, at least based on what I can see on the character page on vndb.

Edited by bakauchuujin

Yeah, I don't know of any VNs in a workplace environment.

Eden . A very unique setting.

Planetarian .

Island .

Kira☆Kira . The highschool setting gets ditched after chapter 1, as you tour across Japan.

Aokana . The highschool setting pretty much takes a backseat to the anti-grav sport going on.

Grisaia no Kajitsu . Not quite your typical highschool setting (also not your typical protag). A particularly suspenseful VN.

* Muv-Luv trilogy. Yes, the first entry, Extra, is the typical highschool setting. The 2nd entry .... ditches the highschool setting entirely. The 3rd entry is well worth the read (the suspense gets ramped upto 12 out of 10).

4 hours ago, Clephas said:

I don't know of any translated ones, unfortunately... but the Hataraku Otaku and Hataraku Otona series by Akabeisoft are pretty good.  There is no school in the setting, and the protagonists are working adults. 

Aren't those vns pretty much nukige, though? I didn't know that was your cup of tea. :pyaa:

6 hours ago, kokoro said:

Aren't those vns pretty much nukige, though? I didn't know that was your cup of tea. :pyaa:

Not quite.  There is a larger amount of H (often with random mobs) than is normal for a straight-out romance game, but the actual heroine stories are solid.  I'm pretty sure the people who labeled them nukige only played the prologue and/or common path.

Edit: The only real downside is that the protagonists are kind of man-whores at times (the first game in particular has this).  However, there is at least one workplace romance in each of the Hataraku Otona games, with Hataraku Otaku tending to focus on the bar.