grisaia visual novels review no spoilers

devilfox

Yes, Grisaia no Kajitsu is good.  It's easily my second favorite vn I've read, probably even my second favorite work fiction.

I'm not quite sure why you pluralized "visual novel" though, GnK is the only Grisaia VN and was the last novel Frontwing made before they shut down.  What?  Yeah that's definitely what happened, I'm pretty sure I'd remember a long string of disappointments following GnK.

18 hours ago, devilfox said:

Are  grisaia visual novels good 

I guess it depends on if you like the protagonist. If you do, you're going to have the time of your life. If you can't stand him (like I do) the comedy will probably fall flat (which makes up the first ~40 hours [does this count as a spoiler?]) and the rest will feel ridiculously over the top. But almost everyone in this forum seems to like him, so it would be best not to listen to me.

Edited by alpacaman

23 hours ago, alpacaman said:

But almost everyone in this forum seems to like him

... I guess, Fuwa is not what it used to be anymore.

Because I recall there was a rather long period of time when it seemed like almost the entire forum complained how trashy Grisaia was. (Though in reality this was caused by a few users who were just very vocal about it).

As for the topic of this thread, yeah, Grisaia is good. I feel like it's a bit overrated, but it's still pretty well written and extremely entertaining. While I can't say it really excels in anything other than comedy (which may or may not be to your liking), it doesn't really have any major drawbacks either.

... before you get to the last part of the trilogy. Which is trash (and I know my opinion about it is rather unpopular, so don't consider my words too seriously).

PS. Oh, and and the second half of Amane's route in Kajitsu is also very good.

Edited by Dreamysyu

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

... before you get to the last part of the trilogy. Which is trash (and I know my opinion about it is rather unpopular, so don't consider my words too seriously).

Is that an unpopular opinion?  I haven't talked to many people about the novels, but of my small sample size no one thought GnR was genuinely good.

The last part of the trilogy has some things that are inconsitant with earlier parts like retcons and an odd unexplained merging of uncompatible routes as well as in my opinion a bit of a stupid plot twist towards the end.

However I think it still has a lot of quality when it comes to the characters interactions, action, comedy and a lot of what makes Grisaia good. I think whether you like Eden of Grisaia comes down to what you like about Grisaia, if the story aspect is what you like the most then you probably won't like it that much, but if the characters and comedy are the main thing you like about it you will probably like it. Personally I really liked it, its flaws made it less enjoyable than the 2 earlier titles, but I still had a lot of fun with it. 

Edited by bakauchuujin