How much do you play VN a day/a week?

Prideful

If I have time, then it can be even up to 4-5 hours a day. Basically, if I start reading, it's hard to stop ;) But on the other hand there are also days when I don't play/read at all, since there are also other things I want or need to do.

I like when VN has some kind of "chapters" or something, as that makes it easier to stop after reaching such breakpoint :)

Edited by adamstan

1 hour ago, adamstan said:

If I have time, then it can be even up to 4-5 hours a day. Basically, if I start reading, it's hard to stop ;) But on the other hand there are also days when I don't play/read at all, since there are also other things I want or need to do.

I like when VN has some kind of "chapters" or something, as that makes it easier to stop after reaching such breakpoint :)

there is definitely days when i dont want to play too :lol:

It really depends on my mood and schedule, but I'd say the norm is one-two hours a day + 3-5 hours when I'm totally free. I'm not the fastest reader, so having less than an hour means I won't bother touching a VN at all. Starting reading and getting nowhere is just plain depressing, even with short VNs, and more so with the Japanese giants.

If I really want to finish a VN, like with Maggot Baits lately or I'm really immersed, it can grow to 7-8 hours, but most of the time, I simply have too much stuff going on to afford that...

These days my average is 0 minutes a day. But around once a year when I get the bug to play a VN again (and manage to find one that genuinely engages me) I will spend all my free time and likely procrastinate irl obligations to read it. This most recently happened to me with Dies Irae this past winter.

13 minutes ago, Prideful said:

damn, i think i should really try to play VN in long amount of time for once 

To be honest, I'd recommend you to read just as much as you want. I mean, in the end they are just entertainment, and there's no real point in making yourself play them more than you want. Most likely, it will just lead to you burning out. That happened to me at some point.

That said, in my case it just depend on how much I like what I'm reading. If I'm really engaged and more or less free, I can easily spend every moment of my free time on reading. Though I don't really think this happened in a really long time... Usually it's just one or two hours a day.

Right now it's more or less zero.

As with others, time dictates what time I can spend reading VNs, so it is by no means daily that I read them, but when I do, it's normally 2 or 3 hours per VN. I can read multiple or none in a day. If I am particularly engaged, I can spend my every moment of free time on the particular title of interest.
However, this goes for any piece of entertainment, so if I'm engaged in an anime, manga, light novel, or game, then I will have no time for VNs.

Y'all read vns?  I just save them to my folder then alter my binary file to access the data directly.

That said, if I (hypothetically of course) were to read vns, I would say that my time spent with entertainment media is split based on my relative interest level in the current things I am consuming.  I'd say I spend on average twenty hours per week consuming entertainment media and on average about 40% of that is spent on reading vns, so about eight hours per week.

Spoiler

That average however is horribly misleading.  Most weeks are either 0-2 hours of reading or ~20 hours of reading.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I used to read like 2-5 hours a day. Nowadays I only read like 30min-1hour per day. Usually I get distracted by other media too. For some reason I find it easier to marathon web novels... probably there are less distractions reading them on my phone.

Edited by Chronopolis

This really depends on my situation, of course. If I am on vacations, I'll probably spend about 2 hours (because I also have other hobbies haha) daily but, before I started a vn book club on discord, I would read at least 30 minutes each day; after the book club, I now read about 1 or 2 hours daily, which is insane to me :o I'm very happy about that tho! It's really good for me!

• 1 month later...

If i start a vn it will be nearly impossible for me to stop reading it till im finished, i cant think of any time its taken me more than a week to finish a singular visual novel Then after i finish it ill just not have the motivation to play any visual novel for awhile after than, recently ive been starting to play them more and more. I guess its just that i dont really like modern games anymore, most of them are just p2w games that attempt to suck all the money they can out of you anyway they can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...