Interesting western take on visual novels: Vampire The Masquerade - Coteries of New York

ChaosRaven

Just saw this announcement trailer for Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York and it looks pretty interesting.

Apparently it'll be a VN/RPG hybrid which will also have some additional game play mechanics like quests, hunger, feeding, disciplines and time progress. It's definitely it's own thing and not your typical OELVN that tries to emulate Japanese anime tropes, and I'm rather curious how this will work out. Will it get more attention from people who aren't into anime art or just miss the mark? I'm also a bit worried if they go too far with the game mechanics and hurt the narrative with it.

Regarding the trailer itself, the backgrounds and atmosphere are great but the characters look a bit wishy-washy to be honest and they don't seem to have different expressions.

But I'll definitely keep an eye on that title since I'm a big vampire fan and of White Wolf in particular (Bloodlines is one of my all-time favorite RPG's).

Edited by ChaosRaven

I'll devour anything Vampire: The Masquerade without second thought, and I think I'm not alone, so especially with the Bloodlines 2 hype in the background it should do fine. The style of this one seems to be aiming more towards adventure game fans, which is a reasonable approach... Hope they don't mess it up.

5 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I'll devour anything Vampire: The Masquerade without second thought, and I think I'm not alone, so especially with the Bloodlines 2 hype in the background it should do fine. The style of this one seems to be aiming more towards adventure game fans, which is a reasonable approach... Hope they don't mess it up.

I'm with you on this one!