âge 20th Anniversary Event "Still Breathing" (Muv-Luv Alternative Sequel announced!)

Formlose Gestalt

Today âge hold their 20th anniversary event  called "Still Breathing".

During which they announced a few things:

- Muv-Luv Alternative Sequel

Muv-Luv-Integrate-5.jpg

Called Muv-Luv Integrate

Release TBD

Muv-Luv-Integrate-3.jpg

Here is a link to an article on Twinfinite:

https://twinfinite.net/2019/10/muv-luv-integrate/

- Muv-Luv Action Game for PC and Smartphones

Code Named: “Project Mikhail”

to be released on Steam in Japanese, English and Chinese in 2020 or 2021

No gacha, but possibly a subscription or battlepass

https://twinfinite.net/2019/10/new-muv-luv-action-game-code-named-project-mikhail-announced-for-pc-and-mobile/

- Kimi ga Nomzomu Eien Reboot

Scope is still undecided

Kimi-ga-Nozomu-Eien-Reboot-2019-10-22-19

https://twinfinite.net/2019/10/kimi-ga-nozomu-eien-rumbling-hearts-reboot/

- Muv-Luv Alternative Anime

No more Details just a teaser.

- They are also working on a mobile version of Muv-Luv and are still planning to release Muv-Luv Unlimited The Day After Episode 04.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/10/muv-luv-mobile-unlimited-day-after-4/

The full livestream (including an english tranlstaion) can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIPDPs3eAv4

Here is also a good summary if you don't want to wtach the whole thing:

https://aaltomies.wordpress.com/2019/10/22/short-synopsis-on-ages-20th-anniversary-stream-2019-10-22/

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Very interesting! It would be really cool to see a real AAA VN again. Not sure how exactly it'll be a direct sequel though to MuvLuv Alternative. Will it have the same characters or does it just continue after the first one ended with new characters. It's a long time when I played it but...

Spoiler

...weren't all characters dead at the end? Though I remember some of them reawakened in the non-Beta world again. But I don't even remember anymore if it was another world or another time.

And I wonder if it'll really be a big thing again, or just a fan disc.

Regarding the anime, wasn't there one already years ago, which was apparently not so great? So I guess this will be a new (and hopefully better) one.

28 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Very interesting! It would be really cool to see a real AAA VN again. Not sure how exactly it'll be a direct sequel though to MuvLuv Alternative. Will it have the same characters or does it just continue after the first one ended with new characters. It's a long time when I played it but...

Don't quote me on that, but I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere that it will be set in the Extra timeline.

20 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:
Spoiler

...weren't all characters dead at the end? Though I remember some of them reawakened in the non-Beta world again. But I don't even remember anymore if it was another world or another time.

Spoiler

Yup, the team members sacrificed themselves one after another during the final battle, so it definitely won't revolve around them at the very least.
If I remember correctly, everything was back to normal in the original world, with the exception of Kasumi now being a part of the class. Furthermore, Takeru lost all his memories of the Beta world (aside some vague recollections, which he can't seem to connect).

I'm looking forward to finding out what the new story revolves around and how it plays out!

Please God! Delay ending the world, or delay the Solar Flash (which would disable our technologies) ...... or anything else of that nature.

At least until I've read Muv-Luv Integrate!

Thankyou :pyaa:

Seriously, this is probably the most hype I've been for anything ever!

OMFG That is so crazy!! Not in a million years would have I expected a sequel and much less an anime adaptation of such an old VN. 

I'm so hyped but also very scared about how it will turn out. If they are reviving the saga they better have something worth to tell! :yumiko:

1 hour ago, Thyndd said:

OMFG That is so crazy!! Not in a million years would have I expected a sequel and much less an anime adaptation of such an old VN. 

Well, I can't say I'm surprised about that. I'm more surprised that it didn't happen in so many years. I mean, the franchise is still quite obviously alive and thriving. There were multiple spin-offs, the last one being released just a few years ago, and some of these spin-offs even got their own anime adaptation. Also, age were always pretty open about wanting these things to happen. I recall, just a few years ago they did an English survey where they asked exactly how popular these things would be.

Also, considering how popular this VN is, there is a chance that the adaptation might turn out not completely terrible. I guess, I'd give it around 10%. Considering the history of VN adaptations, that's a lot. :makina: Can't give it more, since Schwarzesmarken anime was extremely rushed (at least, first 3 episodes that I watched) and probably didn't give the source material much justice, and Total Eclipse was just bad.

Well good for age for finally have the new project after several years of hiatus, but then again it would be a very large scale project here so they'll need a lot of money for that. At least the anime can adapt the Alternative only seeing that the staffs can probably add Extra and Unlimited to flashback, and one of the review said that basically the prequel stuffs was added in the flashback. Although the response would still mixed anyway if they did that, seeing that most of the fans said that you need to go through voth of Extra and Unlimited to enjoy Alternative fully. In any case, let's see on how the staffs write Alternative later.