Apparently, Overdrive's last VN is now called Musicus! instead of Musica!. And there's now official cover art and character profiles.

NowItsAngeTime

qmJlNL.png

I just hope they manage to make the story interesting somehow. Deardrops kinda felt like a copy+paste of KiraKira in many regards (it's one of the reasons that I didn't enjoy it very much), and I'd say there's a pretty big risk of that happening yet again when they keep going with the same theme over and over. I hope they manage to prove me wrong here!

5 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

qmJlNL.png

I just hope they manage to make the story interesting somehow. Deardrops kinda felt like a copy+paste of KiraKira in many regards (it's one of the reasons that I didn't enjoy it very much), and I'd say there's a pretty big risk of that happening yet again when they keep going with the same theme over and over. I hope they manage to prove me wrong here!

What did you not like about Kira Kira that made you not care for Deardrops?

I somehow can't get myself to like any overdrive products...

Didn't like Edelweiss for the same reason I didn't like the Green Green anime, too many stupid characters, too many characters I didn't care about at all, both male and female.

KiraKira had much better pacing, development and characters overall.

Spoiler

I still didn't care much about the typical frail ojousama story and when it came to the true route, the main heroine and especially her father completely destroyed the VN for me. Cultural differences aside, I couldn't take that much ignorance.

So I passed on Dear Drops and if they are not making it go in a different direction, I guess I'll pass on this as well.

Edited by Ruberick

Just now, NowItsAngeTime said:

What did you not like about Kira Kira that made you not care for Deardrops?

It's not that there was something in particular that I disliked in KiraKira that was then reused in Deardrops. It's mostly a combination of Deardrops feeling repetitive because of similarities with KiraKira, as well as some character traits and other stuff that I don't like.

If you're interested in more in-depth impressions from me, you can refer to my previous posts in "What are you plaing?". (herehere and here)

I completely disagree, Kira*Kira and Deardrops have a very different tone and themes. One is a story about that one last trip before becoming adults in a music setting, while the other uses music as plot, setting, theme and basically main character. Kira*Kira could be a story about interpretive dancing or flying gliders and it wouldn't change the all that much, while Deardrops doesn't remotely work at it's core without music.

Overdrive is on a 3/1 good/bad ration for music vns, so my hopes are high. Just keep the curtain call prick out this time and maybe don't try to give every single character a route if there's no material to work with at all.

2 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Kira*Kira and Deardrops have a very different tone and themes. One is a story about that one last trip before becoming adults in a music setting, while the other uses music as plot, setting, theme and basically main character. Kira*Kira could be a story about interpretive dancing or flying gliders and it wouldn't change the all that much, while Deardrops doesn't remotely work at it's core without music.

I agree with this.  It is always interesting when people talk about how similar they found Kira*Kira and Deardrops because I thought they had many more differences than similarities.

3 hours ago, TexasDice said:

I completely disagree, Kira*Kira and Deardrops have a very different tone and themes. One is a story about that one last trip before becoming adults in a music setting, while the other uses music as plot, setting, theme and basically main character. Kira*Kira could be a story about interpretive dancing or flying gliders and it wouldn't change the all that much, while Deardrops doesn't remotely work at it's core without music.

Overdrive is on a 3/1 good/bad ration for music vns, so my hopes are high. Just keep the curtain call prick out this time and maybe don't try to give every single character a route if there's no material to work with at all.

Yeah, I expected kira kira when I read deardrops but got something entirely different.

Guess Setoguchi can really turn turds into gold.

• 2 weeks later...

The art looks really good, and for now we need more info in regard of Musicus here although looking from the writer we can say that it'll be like Kira Kira. In any case good luck on Overdrive's Final VN there, and if you want to buy it in Japan it'll be released at December 20th later (The English version will be released at 2020 later).