Rewrite+ Kickstarter

Dreamysyu

A VN Kickstarter with a 180.000 $ goal - that's quite... ambitious. It's a popular Key VN so it has probably good chances to reach it, but I don't think I've ever seen such an expensive Kickstarter campaign for a VN. :o

Would have been nice if they'd listed the differences between Rewrite and Rewrite+ in the FAQ section, since I've actually no clue what they are.

Edited by ChaosRaven

20 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

A VN Kickstarter with a 180.000 $ goal - that's quite... ambitious. It's a popular Key VN so it has probably good chances to reach it

key-fanboys are plenty and so is their backing as well. no doubt this goal´s getting reaching pretty soon-ish

Happily spent $200+ bucks for my love to Kotori and physical stuff.

You guys are for a treat who thought Kotori's route ending was lacking in Harvest Festa.

Also if anyone is interested in discussing Rewrite or getting hype for this release, make sure to join the Rewrite discord

https://discord.gg/FCBb8M4 

I am a bit unsure about if I want to pledge or not. I want to have a physical edition of Rewrite+ since I would assume I am going to really love it, but then there is also the problem of SP's kickstarters and delivering on physical copies and goods. Also I feel like there is a decent chance that they will end up releasing a japanse/english text release in Japan for the switch sometime after the translation is done and probably before SP sends out their physical copies, however this is uncertain and if I just assume this I could lose out on a chance to own a physical english version of Rewrite+.

Edited by bakauchuujin

2 hours ago, kokoro said:

why tho

Because Sekai is evil and an existential enemy of the weebkind. ;)

Seriously though, even though this might still take a while and you can always count on SP to screw up some part of it... The translators involved are no con-artists and I actually quite like how the campaign is structured – I don't see any far-reaching promises there and even the top tiers are fairly reasonable. Hopefully it will give Sekai an opportunity to repair its reputation a bit.

24 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Because Sekai is evil and an existential enemy of the weebkind. ;)

Seriously though, even though this might still take a while and you can always count on SP to screw up some part of it... The translators involved are no con-artists and I actually quite like how the campaign is structured – I don't see any far-reaching promises there and even the top tiers are fairly reasonable. Hopefully it will give Sekai an opportunity to repair its reputation a bit.

Well, they can repair their reputation without my money. They don't deserve it, this is on them alone.

18 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

You guys are for a treat who thought Kotori's route ending was lacking in Harvest Festa.

As someone who was really disappointed with how she

Spoiler

just ditched Kotarou in the hospital and didn't visit or contact him even once,

I'm quite looking forward to this, hoping she'll redeem herself.

Looks like I mistaken here, so sorry about that. In any case I guess it's good strategy from them to not add the stretch goal here, seeing that once again 180,000 base goal is already high enough. Good luck to Sekai for gather the rest of the fund, and hopefully they'll be able to reach it in two weeks (At least the chance looking good, unlike Dei Gratia).

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...

Rewrite Introduction Note Plus is a 74 page artbook+comic that will be an add on for Rewrite kickstarter and English Translated. Free previous Sekai Project KS backers. $40+ Tier needed otherwise.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/digital-and-physical-release-of-keys-rewrite/posts/2675016?fbclid=IwAR0QjqxyJ_yIf4trjlNK-nF4f-6fRobPGIPGqY-330il-7i2oP4-lisjbC8

The most recent project update says "Since we're nearly to the end of this campaign, we're letting people know that we will also open up a Slacker Backer campaign after the campaign is funded for anyone who wanted to support this campaign but weren't able to for lack of Paypal support."  Has anyone used slacker backer before and if so does it allow existing backers to upgrade their tier?

I'm not sure why they capitalized the term.  It is just a general description of being able to contribute money to a crowdfunding campaign after the campaign is over.  There are a bunch of tools they could use to run a slacker backer campaign.  Most of the ones done by other companies let existing backers add on items to their pledge.  Some of them let existing backers move to a higher tier if that tier is unlimited.  If they do it themselves to save money instead of using another company, then it is completely up to them what they will allow.

12 hours ago, GXOALMD said:

The most recent project update says "Since we're nearly to the end of this campaign, we're letting people know that we will also open up a Slacker Backer campaign after the campaign is funded for anyone who wanted to support this campaign but weren't able to for lack of Paypal support."  Has anyone used slacker backer before and if so does it allow existing backers to upgrade their tier?

I'm not sure about Slacker Backer, but it's usually possible to do that in Backerkit, I think? At least, I'm personally considering switching to a physical reward later when more exact information about shipping cost becomes available.