Anime Winter List of 2019/2020

Sonicboom2.0

Seems like they drop earlier and ealier lol. Decided to post it but keep in mind that it might update more by the end of December.

Let's see what we have in store for the winter, I'll be keeping my eye on that new My Hero Academia Movie but other than that nothing really jumps out at me at the current post nut I will post a new link in this thread if it updates so be sure to follow to stay updated.

ANIME WINTER LIST of 2019/2020

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing that the new logo for new PreCure was already revealed and the name for the new PreCure is Healin' Good PreCure (Shortened as HGPC for now), I'll obviously keep my eyes on that.

I guess Koisuru Asteroid may be interesting as well seeing that it's usual 4-koma story there except with space theme, and the main writer of that is Yamada Yuka who apparently want to apply her experience in writing STPC's episodes as soon as possible.

While I'm not exactly fond on how the author Runway Waratte pull a Decoy MC trope so that instead of short female model MC we'll going to have poor talented male designer MC, I guess we should wish a luck for the studio in which it's their third job after Happy Sugar Life and Sounan Desu Ka.

Other than that, I just want to know when we'll going to have 'MC Kill Slime for 300 Years' and 'I Hate Pain, so I Make Full Defense Build' anime being broadcasted, simply because both of those have female MC.

Edited by littleshogun

13 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Other than that, I just want to know when we'll going to have 'MC Kill Slime for 300 Years' and 'I Hate Pain, so I Make Full Defense Build' anime being broadcasted, simply because both of those have female MC.

I don't know, I tried reading a few WN chapters for these two stories, and I personally found them pretty boring. I might give Killing Slimes another try at some point though.

When I comes to isekais with female MCs, I'm personally more excited about So I'm a Spider. So what?, though, admittedly, it's a completely different genre from these two.

• 3 weeks later...

Late response here. As for Spider Girl here, I think the world building there is quite overwhelming and the manga is very slow (Need 40 chapters just to see the outer world and yet it's still not possible to see the spider turned into the cute girl, so I'll probably just wait and see here). For 'I Hate Pain' here, I already check the staff and the studio previous works and I can say that I trust them to write better compared to Average Ability anime (And possibly give us some nice fight animation). Still not see 'Killing Slime' staffs yet though, but at least we'll have Aoi Yuki will voicing our female MC Azusa.

PS - Speaking about female MC isekai here, we already have Bakarina release month and it'll be at April 2020 later. I hope that they'll just adapt the web novel here, seeing that it's conclusive enough (No need to adapt additional arc from the light novel).

Haikyuu season 4 is enough to make it the best season of the year.

Aside from stuff continuing from last season and next season of popular animes, most people will probably like Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei Shite Mita.

As for my personal recommendation it'd be Infinite Dendrogram. I fear the anime will never come near the greatness of the novel, and the studio is kinda... meh, but I hope people will like it and not compare it to SAO just because it's a game (which, to be fair, is still a mystery if it's really a game or not) when it's not like SAO.

Edited by Riku

I'm kind of thinking of watching Dorohedoro... it looks at least mildly interesting.

Other than that, a lot of continuations and sequels... tbh, nothing really stands out as being my 'have to watch' for the Winter season... lots of stuff that fall slightly outside my tastes and interests, which is depressing.  I don't mind that they've decreased the number of junk isekai (though I love junk isekai), but I do wish that the ones they were putting up were sequels instead of new ones... I was hoping for Slime or Overlord.

Railgun T is definitely going on my to-watch list this season. The anime has been nothing but great so far–especially with the last season making my top 5–so no reason for me not to.

I imagine Somali to Mori no Kamisama would be somewhat similar to UchiMusume, but with the roles in reverse. Definitely does not hurt to have Satelight's budget for this series, either. :wub: They did a bang up job with the PV.

A friend recommended Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun for the upcoming season. I notice there's been a bit more variation in artstyle with shounen lately, and thankfully this one does it tastefully (I don't really care for the art in Dr. Stone or Promised Neverland). I'm hearing good things about the source material too, so there's that. Lerche has been putting out good anime lately, too. Getting some pleasantly creepy vibes from the PV.

And that pretty much does it for my 3. I am also interested in Boku no Tonari ni Ankoku Hankaishin ga Imasu, but I think 3's a good number for me. If something manages to flop, I'll likely switch to this.

Now that I knew we'll going to have 'I Hate Pain' anime will be broadcasted in January 2020 later, it's quite obvious that it'll be my second priority after Healin' Good PreCure. For the staffs CV we'll going to have KyoAni KEY season trilogy (Kanon, AIR, Clannad) main writer as the one who responsible for the script, while for the directors (Yeah there's two of them) they already worked on Fate Ilya so I know that it'll be better compared to Average Ability anime looking from the staffs alone. I'll probably comment on that (Average Ability) when I watch the final episode, but what I can say for now is that at least it's far better compared to Cheat Magician and Overpowered Mom (Not saying much I admit, but at least it show that the audience tired of male isekai MC (My assumption here)). In any case, I'll look forward to 'I Hate Pain' anime later.

PS - Speaking about January here, too bad that Machikado Mazoku need to be on hiatus until at least January 2020 because the author have some health problem, so hopefully the author will recover soon because currently I like the manga.

Edited by littleshogun