Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

JoshB2084

[REQUEST Walkthrough] Nanairo Reincarnation

I tought about making a guide here once I finished Nanairo Reincarnation, but one tester from Sekai project aldready made a english walktrough on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1883723438

@Clephas wrote on his review that his recommended reading order is Yumi > Asuza > Iyo > Kotori (End 1) > Kotori (End 2)

That's the order I am following right now, but on Discord there was someone that said he liked reading Kotori before everyone else. I am not finished, so I can't really comment on this but keep that in mind.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

44 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

I tought about making a guide here once I finished Nanairo Reincarnation, but one tester from Sekai project aldready made a english walktrough on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1883723438

@Clephas wrote on his review that his recommended reading order is Yumi > Asuza > Iyo > Kotori (End 1) > Kotori (End 2)

That's the order I am following right now, but on Discord there was someone that said he liked reading Kotori before everyone else. I am not finished, so I can't really comment on this but keep that in mind.

As a rule of thumb, it is better to avoid reading the main heroine first in any given VN.  That is, unless you don't intend to read the rest of the VN, then it doesn't matter.  The simple reason is that, in most VNs, the game is structured so that either the path is of higher quality (thus meaning you can't fully enjoy the other paths if you play it first) or (in the case of true heroines) so that understanding the main heroine's path requires pre-existing knowledge from the other paths.  Nanairo Reincarnation definitely falls into the former category.  Though, in Nanairo Reincarnation's case, part of that (not a huge part, but it is there) is because she is the only heroine that would be familiar (visually and personality-wise) to someone who normally plays non-nukige VNs on a regular basis.

Edit: Kotori has been confirmed as the series' canon heroine, as is made evident in Akeiro and Kimagure.   That is another reason to do her path last.

16 minutes ago, Clephas said:

As a rule of thumb, it is better to avoid reading the main heroine first in any given VN.  That is, unless you don't intend to read the rest of the VN, then it doesn't matter.  The simple reason is that, in most VNs, the game is structured so that either the path is of higher quality (thus meaning you can't fully enjoy the other paths if you play it first) or (in the case of true heroines) so that understanding the main heroine's path requires pre-existing knowledge from the other paths.  Nanairo Reincarnation definitely falls into the former category.  Though, in Nanairo Reincarnation's case, part of that (not a huge part, but it is there) is because she is the only heroine that would be familiar (visually and personality-wise) to someone who normally plays non-nukige VNs on a regular basis.

Edit: Kotori has been confirmed as the series' canon heroine, as is made evident in Akeiro and Kimagure.   That is another reason to do her path last.

I agree with what you said. The argument on Discord was that the other routes spoil an aspect of Kotori's story so you should read hers first, while Kotori's route (apparently) doesn't spoil the other heroines stories. Honestly I am not the best person to argue on their behalf since I only read  Yumi & Asuza so far and I don't regret reading them first, since the aspect they reveal about Kotori's story only wants me to read her story more. Maybe I should have just omitted the other opinion on Discord but since the guide doesn't offer any recommendation on route order I thought should add what information I have, even though I haven't completed Nanairo Reincarnation yet.