Need some help decoding and re-encoding images from an older VN

Hello, much earlier this year I released a partial English patch for this VN: https://vndb.org/v1356 (Evangelion: Shinji Ikari Raising Project). I would like to complete the patch, however the image files have me absolutely stuck. Basically the issue is that I need to edit transparent images that make up things like menus (etc) but I have no idea how to convert them into something editable.

They are in the file format ".bp4", which appears to be a version of the ".bp3" format that was used in older GAINAX games than this that supports transparency better, or something like that. I unfortunately don't know much about this sort of thing, all I know is that they're encoded transparent bmp files. I am able to convert the bp3 files that are in this game using a hacking tool for an earlier game on this engine (GOSSE Tools) which has let me edit some things, but it isn't compatible with bp4, and that's the majority of the images with Japanese text on them. I've tried basically every image hacking and extraction tool I could find on the internet to no avail. As this is a very specific file type it looks like it requires hex editing to decode, which is something unfortunately a bit beyond me 😅 

I was wondering if anyone could help out? I really don't know where else to go about it. I hope it isn't rude to ask for someone to help here.

(As an aside, I've also had a minor other issue with some text in the game (these stat calculations which come up after you complete a task) not letting me translate it. I genuinely have no idea where the text string is for this, it isn't as pressing a problem but if anyone knows how to find that sort of thing out please let me know too.)

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this question, I just joined the forum and I'm a little lost... I feel a bit weird posting it to begin with given the patch has been out for 6-ish months already.

Edited by scenikeight

7 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

By this extension, Maybe this is just a bpp4/bpp3 files, that can be open with tilemolester or crystaltile2... well if isn't encrypted.

Fairly sure they're encrypted. Tile Molester can open them but they appear garbled, and it doesn't look like the images themselves are compatible with these kinds of retro game tiles and the selections offered by either of these programs in terms of codec etc. I had actually managed to decode their header using a hex editor and could somewhat see one of these images when opened in bmp format (albeit heavily garbled, but it was in the right palette and everything, and I could tell what it was an image of) and none of these selections seem like they line up with what I saw given its palette and resolution. This bp3/bp4 file type is specific to GAINAX games from the early 2000's. The bp4 format seems to only have ever appeared elsewhere in a Princess Maker game that came out shortly after SIRP.

It might be helpful if I just attached one of these files if anyone is interested in taking a look at it. If I'm remembering right, this is a character sprite sheet. https://files.catbox.moe/ecbdbf.bp4 (I'm not sure where the menus start as everything is just numbered, I just know they are inside of these bp4 files.)