Visual novel for mac

Rishia

Can you guys recommend some visual novel that i can play with macbook pro? I could find some like Katawa Shoujo, Doki Doki Literature Club and Narcissu. I would like to play some Japanese VN if possible, i used find this easily when i had Windows but looks like there is no much for Mac, just some amateur(nothing against this, already played many). So if you guys could recommend some or even show me a site i can use i will be very happy.  

(´。• ω •。`)

Sorry to say this, but sadly mac doesn't have many Japanese visual novels for it. In fact, the system itself isn't too good for gaming, especially now with the new update. (However I myself with always stick with mac and love it). One JVN that's pretty good that's on mac is DC Capo 3. You can buy it at Mangagamer's site and steam. Another is the 07 expansion games. These are good stories, but unlike DC Capo, don't have much romance. Also, Fatal Twelve, which is a yuri game is good. I'm sure there are some others, but sadly not many are for mac in terms of JVN's. I believe there may be some more, but DC Capo is a big one alnog with 07 expansion games, which are Higurashi and Umeniko 

Np =). And yeah, it does suck that many games don't come to mac. Maybe either play on your old computer if you can or maybe buy a really cheap windows? Vn aren't too difficult to play actually. I have one to play games since sadly mac doesn't do so. But yeah, the game I mentioned are really good and long. But one thing with 07 expansion. Umeniko has two sets of games, one being the answer ark and the question ark. Question ark is the first four stories and the answer arc is the last set. Make sure to play the question arc first. Also, for Higurashi, there are seven episodes out, but one is still needed to be translated. You may want to do Umeniko first, since it's done. Oh, and if you want go here for the 07 expansion games http://07th-mod.com/home/. You can download a patch that will allow you to change the art style if you want, but you'll also get voice acting and non nvl mode. I suggest you try it out because it'll make the game more fun for you =). And for Dc Capo 3, it's super long as well, so these games will give you something to read for a while. 

This is a problem with Mac in general... Apple is one of the worst perpetrators of the practice of intentional obsolescence, and they also intentionally make their products incompatible with other companies' software and hardware in order to force you to go through them for everything related to their products.  By doing this, they can inflate prices and shave off more of a margin on digital products than other companies.

Western gaming companies tend to make their games compatible with both the the Mac and Windows OS, but Apple's products in Japan are limited almost entirely to the Iphone, as Samsung (and Android makers in general) has a much stronger presence there...

For a computer, Windows (or Linux for old-fashioned people), for a phone, Android.  Apple might seem easier at first glance, but that is because their products are geared to people who don't do anything non-standard with their devices (such as playing foreign games).

Edit: For older games (considering the limited capabilities of a Macbook newer ones might not be workable), you might be able to use a virtual machine program to run Windows and play them... that's about the only bit of advice I can give.

On 06/10/2019 at 3:48 AM, aliciarune said:

Np =). And yeah, it does suck that many games don't come to mac. Maybe either play on your old computer if you can or maybe buy a really cheap windows? Vn aren't too difficult to play actually. I have one to play games since sadly mac doesn't do so. But yeah, the game I mentioned are really good and long. But one thing with 07 expansion. Umeniko has two sets of games, one being the answer ark and the question ark. Question ark is the first four stories and the answer arc is the last set. Make sure to play the question arc first. Also, for Higurashi, there are seven episodes out, but one is still needed to be translated. You may want to do Umeniko first, since it's done. Oh, and if you want go here for the 07 expansion games http://07th-mod.com/home/. You can download a patch that will allow you to change the art style if you want, but you'll also get voice acting and non nvl mode. I suggest you try it out because it'll make the game more fun for you =). And for Dc Capo 3, it's super long as well, so these games will give you something to read for a while. 

I watched anime of Umineko and Higurashi and i really enjoyed, so play the game would be really wonderful for me! :D I think maybe i will try get a windows with someone, cuz now i really don't have money for buy one lol. Or maybe try run windows on mac with emulator

16 hours ago, Emi said:

Just to add, have you ever thought of dual booting windows? 

Majority of mac´s support dualboot for both mac and windows.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

then you can easily play the vn´s and dont have to deal with virtual machines or other things.

Thanks for this! I heard about this but didn't really try before. I will try, but since my notebook is kinda old i am afraid that it will be too much heavy. :/

23 hours ago, Clephas said:

This is a problem with Mac in general... Apple is one of the worst perpetrators of the practice of intentional obsolescence, and they also intentionally make their products incompatible with other companies' software and hardware in order to force you to go through them for everything related to their products.  By doing this, they can inflate prices and shave off more of a margin on digital products than other companies.

Western gaming companies tend to make their games compatible with both the the Mac and Windows OS, but Apple's products in Japan are limited almost entirely to the Iphone, as Samsung (and Android makers in general) has a much stronger presence there...

For a computer, Windows (or Linux for old-fashioned people), for a phone, Android.  Apple might seem easier at first glance, but that is because their products are geared to people who don't do anything non-standard with their devices (such as playing foreign games).

Edit: For older games (considering the limited capabilities of a Macbook newer ones might not be workable), you might be able to use a virtual machine program to run Windows and play them... that's about the only bit of advice I can give.

Yeha, i know right? For me Apple really sucks. It's just for people that want to looks "cool" sitting with their iphone or macbook in some cafe doing nothing lol 

Aaah, i am really forward for can get a windows again and play any VN i wish. 

Oh, also i would appreciate if you guys recommend me good VNs, i will put this on my list to play later. Haha