Nexton asking your opinion about localizing titles in English

Veshurik

If you don't know, Nexton company asks your opinion about localizing their titles in English.

009.png

Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7IzCIx0bNv5208-akYxzrf-DmX9MuWbKZCVRtrZLccIGA4Q/viewform

They have official site and English Discord, when you can discuss their titles and ask questions. And also Facebook!

Nexton plans to localize their games with Mangagamer and "one else localization company" (Nekonyan, maybe?)

If someone of you don't know anything about Nexton company, you can see their site and information on VNDB.

What you expect from them? 

And yes, all their titles will be uncensored in English, so don't worry about that.

P.S. I voted for Amakano series. And you? ^_^

Thanks for posting this, I wasn't aware of their english website and Discord.

I am a bit confused why they want to work with another llocalization company beside MG. Isn't MG founded by them (together with other companies) or is that a misunderstanding on my part?

Anyway I voted for:

Yami to Hikari no Sanctuary

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

45 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

I am a bit confused why they want to work with another llocalization company beside MG. Isn't MG founded by them (together with other companies) or is that a misunderstanding on my part?

I can just speculate, but it's possible that Nexton's interest in the west has increased and MangaGamer doesn't have the necessary translation capacities anymore considering they are doing little else than Rance games these days. Innocent Grey did the same after all. And Nexton might also want to have different translation partners to not be too dependent on one alone who's madly in love with AliceSoft and did very little in the last 5 years to make their brand more popular in the west. Especially since they are a founder.

And yeah, the slightly bitter undertone of my statements is completely incidental and not itended. :wacko:

25 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I can just speculate, but it's possible that Nexton's interest in the west has increased and MangaGamer doesn't have the necessary translation capacities anymore considering they are doing little else than Rance games these days. Innocent Grey did the same after all. And Nexton might also want to have different translation partners to not be too dependent on one alone who's madly in love with AliceSoft and did very little in the last 5 years to make their brand more popular in the west. Especially since they are a founder.

And yeah, the slightly bitter undertone of my statements is completely incidental and not itended. :wacko:

What you say could make sense (Having more interest in the western market and wanting to translate more games etc.), depending on how independent Mangagamer and Nexton are.

If they are rather independent companies what you said makes sense, but if Nexton had a lot of influence over Mangagamer they could demand Mangagamer to focus more on their titles. Or that they expand there staff to work on more projects. (Since most staff for the translation are freelancer anyway. Not that there is an unlimited supply of capable translation staff. Quite the contrary.) But I guess we won't ever get the full picture of how they are (financial) structured and connected.

It would be pretty interesting to see what happens behinds the scenes of the official translation scene and probably pretty headache inducing. :lol:

Edited by Formlose Gestalt