How to translate SEEN.txt files?

eldarin

1 hour ago, eldarin said:

The fact is that I want to translate a visual novel (https://vndb.org/v1200) which is based on the RealLive engine. I tried opening these files with notepad ++ but it doesn’t work.

Abandon all hope, you mortal. Reallive is one hell of an engine to work on. And sadly, there are no tools that work for every Reallive VN. For all we know, your version of Reallive might not even be supported by the existing RLdev. So you may be out of luck.

Why not pick up a different project for which there's an abundance of tools out there already?

35 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Abandon all hope, you mortal. Reallive is one hell of an engine to work on. And sadly, there are no tools that work for every Reallive VN. For all we know, your version of Reallive might not even be supported by the existing RLdev. So you may be out of luck.

Why not pick up a different project for which there's an abundance of tools out there already?

It’s sad ... There is one visual novel that I want to translate (https://vndb.org/v6475) there is one file of the .dat format, can you tell me how to open it?

5 hours ago, eldarin said:

It’s sad ... There is one visual novel that I want to translate (https://vndb.org/v6475) there is one file of the .dat format, can you tell me how to open it?

i maybe wrong but i think:

you are unlucky. if you pass some trials, like extracting and decrypting it, and of course it's binary scripts, so you need to demystify it, after editing and repacking it's going to show garbage or crash.

you need demons to patch the exe file, or gods to port it to something else.

23 hours ago, eldarin said:

I recall seeing that one already hacked by someone. I know someone tried to TL it earlier. Dunno what ever became of that project, though. The tools for it mayyyyyybe exist, but just by telling me that it's a ".dat" archive doesn't mean much. A lot of oldge VNs uses archives that end in .dat extension. The engine with these .dat files is not always the same, though. It could literally be whatever. Your best bet would be to contact an actual hacker to check the files and see if he can, as the comment before me put it, "demystify" it :)

By the way, do you even know Japanese? If you are not at least already reading VNs in Japanese, you are not ready to do a TL yet.

1 hour ago, Infernoplex said:

I recall seeing that one already hacked by someone. I know someone tried to TL it earlier. Dunno what ever became of that project, though. The tools for it mayyyyyybe exist, but just by telling me that it's a ".dat" archive doesn't mean much. A lot of oldge VNs uses archives that end in .dat extension. The engine with these .dat files is not always the same, though. It could literally be whatever. Your best bet would be to contact an actual hacker to check the files and see if he can, as the comment before me put it, "demystify" it :)

By the way, do you even know Japanese? If you are not at least already reading VNs in Japanese, you are not ready to do a TL yet.

I threw off the image of the game to one person, tried different ways of hacking the file, but the results turned out to be disastrous.
And yes about Japanese, I’m from Russia and just starting to learn Japanese and I think it's better to learn it later to play calmly, I hope that there is a person (a team of people) who will translate these two visual short stories.