Onii Kiss: Onii-chan, Where's My Kiss? - Now available on Sol Press store #WholesomeFamilyRomance

NowItsAngeTime

Favorite Girl?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Girl?

• Asahi
    • Mahiru
    • Saya
    • Yayoi
    • Youkou

Bought it right after work, was pleasantly surprised the the sol press store wasn't flagged as a fraud attempt by my bank. Still had the same downloading problems that I have for EVERY localizer website, but whatever. Finally finished downloading after half a day, patched, and start playing for a few hours. Than I noticed a disturbing lack of "wholesome" content. 

Turns out the solpress version's patch doesn't work correctly, yet. :amane:

Edited by Soulless Watcher

51 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Bought it right after work, was pleasantly surprised the the sol press store wasn't flagged as a fraud attempt by my bank. Still had the same downloading problems that I have for EVERY localizer website, but whatever. Finally finished downloading after half a day, patched, and start playing for a few hours. Than I noticed a disturbing lack of "wholesome" content. 

Turns out the solpress version's patch doesn't work correctly, yet. :amane:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/626087465890873344/626272314564280350/patches.7z

Try this

2 hours ago, Codesterz said:

Anyone know how good or bad the translations are for this one? I prefer translations that are more accurate/literal than liberal/americanized. Does it keep the honorifics? The title gives me hope that it does but we live in a universe where oniii-chan = dude...

Like all official localisations, the translation will be more liberal. However it does include honorifics.

That was a good one, tho i'm waiting for someone to do a walkthrough of this. It's so much choices according to the walkthrough from Seiya-Saiga, and i've got no time to do try and error. I'm not very good in japanese, so i'll have to wait.

Edited by Ryuushi

11 hours ago, Ryuushi said:

That was a good one, tho i'm waiting for someone to do a walkthrough of this. It's so much choices according to the walkthrough from Seiya-Saiga, and i've got no time to do try and error. I'm not very good in japanese, so i'll have to wait.

The walkthrough is silly and is targeted at seeing every single dialogue line, including like, one-line forks for "hey, aren't you going to kiss me?". You do not need a walkthrough if you want to see every route. Just kiss the girls and the rest will sort itself out. Trust me.

Edited by Fred the Barber

• 3 weeks later...

While I admit that I dismissed this VN at the beginning, at least I can say that visual wise it's quite refreshing compared to Imopara bright hair color here. For the sister here, let's just say that all of those are quite cute here. Also since the MC is nameless and the girl will keep calling you big brother regardless of your name, you didn't need to worry about awkward silence when the girls supposed to call your name (Your default name is Onii-chan, by the way).

PS - It's interesting to note that Shokugeki no Souma also have Asahi, and let' just say that Asahi in Onikiss here is more cute (Duh). Bonus point for not make the main story messy just because her appearance.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 years later...

Nekonyan re-release Onikiss with the sales will resume on Friday later (The tweet in regard of it). There's also a blogpost in regard of Onikiss situation, and turned out that Sol Press situation is far worse when it come to financial, especially after they've been so desperate with money so much that they can't paid the developer (Tinkle Position) the royalty that has been set from the sales, which obviously very bad seeing that Tinkle Position is currently stopping their VNs development. That said, there's no much change here other than it change the publisher along with adding this onto Denpasoft and Mangagamer, and that there'll be some slight change in the script.

PS - Oh yes, obviously the title is no longer true, because Onikiss license was moved to Nekonyan with Sol Press already had their business suspended thanks to their inability to pay tax.

Edited by littleshogun

I don't really care about this title, but have nothing against anyone into this genre. I do find it funny that putting a loli nukige on Steam was even considered at one point. I hope the dev makes if not all, most of the money lost back.