[Otomege] Ichigo & Kyuugo Full English TL release

Ramaladni

So yeah, uh... We at Memeshii Translations have released our translation of Ichigo & Kyuugo, a short comedic otome visual novel. Ichigo is heads over heels for Kyuugo and makes absolutely no effort to hide that. She goes as far as to casually propose to him, repeateadly tells him that she loves him, and goes fully on the offensive. We tried our best to preserve the humor from the original, with our best attempt to make it actually sound funny in English. I'd have to thank our <anonymous> editor for that, as he completely breathed life into the characters. While this is an otomege, I'm sure that it can be enjoyed by everyone. Although I'd note that there's usage of some uh...more mature language at times, so keep that in mind.

You can download it here, and I'd advise you to avoid Zaka's autistic screeching...unless you're into that, pervert.

foMhsBt.png

Since I know there'll be plenty of questions, I'll do a preemptive FAQ.

Q: How long is the game?

About 10-15 mins, depending on your reading speed. There a total of four paths, you can just do them in whatever order you want, but I believe I personally enjoyed top to bottom choices the most.

Q: Are there honorifics?

A: No.

Q: 'Dude' or 'onii-chan'?

A: There will be both, for the right reasons.

Q: Why did you choose to translate this?

A: Partially as a measure of my own skills, but also because I legitimately thought it was funny, so why not. Also because I believe that beginners should start with something small rather than tackling on a tens of thousands of lines project they will never finish. If you're wondering how Zaka happened to stumble upon this game, he detailed the events on the blog post.

That's all, I sincerely hope you enjoy the game.

Edited by Ramaladni

That was fun! ^^

Eh, I must get my shit together and resume my Japanese learning soon. If I don't one day get to a level where I can read and/or translate Koi Iro Crescendo myself, my life will never be complete. :nico:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak
wow, I missed the one word that mattered in this post

44 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

That was fun! ^^

Eh, I must get my shit together and resume my Japanese learning soon. If I don't one day get to a level where I can read and/or translate Koi Iro Crescendo myself, my life will be complete. :nico:

A yurige with all the vocaloids? What the hecc I'd maybe even be up for TLCing this

14 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

That was fun! ^^

Eh, I must get my shit together and resume my Japanese learning soon. If I don't one day get to a level where I can read and/or translate Koi Iro Crescendo myself, my life will never be complete. :nico:

Glad you had fun! Also, it doesn't seem too difficult to read, so keep up the hard work!