Steins;gate (error)

Mavis

After have played S;G for 14 hours i can't start the vn anymore. :0

it's giving me errors when i try to run it. like libvorbisfile.dll is missing or a runtime error?

I haven't renamed or moved anything around since i downloaded the vn and everything was going smoothly up till today. i don't know what to do :'(

Should i remove everything and re-download the vn? can i transfer my savefiles or will they be lost.

sorry for my bad english. 

The savefiles are located in the Roaming folder of your PC, so you can just re-download it and start from where you left off without any trouble.

do i need to keep the old files? or can i remove them and then re-download s;g

Runtime error? what exactly it says? Maybe you just need to install correct VC++ runtime or update the one already installed?

Anyway, you don't necessarily need to download anything S;G to obtain libvorbis.

I'm sure there should be plenty of the downlands on the web since this is a file from very famous opensource project.

Or maybe downloading statically linked libvorbis.dll and renaming it to libvorbisfile.dll will work, dunno.

I re-downloaded the whole vn it's still giving this error :(  help 

I downloaded ever17 and it's working just fine 

Do a chkdsk, this may be caused by filesystem corruption.

checkdisk? how do i do that?

------------

alright i think i got it run cmd as administrator then type chkdsk [ENTER] 

windows has checked the file system and found no problems. so it's not a corruption 

@メルP

how do i update my installed VC++ runtime? i tried to download the 2010 one but my computer detected a newer version 

Hmm since it worked for 14 hours something might have changed during that time.

Did you update you graphics driver when you were playing this?  If so it might be a good idea to revert back to a older one if you can.

Another thing is to try and run it in compatibility mode if you havn't done it already. Try XP mode or a few others just to see if it makes a difference.

• 1 month later...

I had this same problem and i just found a fix but you'll lose all of your saves.

First go to C:\Users\"your username here"\AppData\Roaming or press the windows button and R and type in appdata or Application Data depending on your OS then find the folder called Nitroplus and delete it then run steins;gate with Japanese locale and as an administrator