I have no idea. First you extract the files, translate them and put them together afterwards, I guess.

Though I have no clue on how to do any of  those steps. Also, by the title, it seemed to me as if you were making a tutorial on how to make patches, so I'd keep the title a bit less ambiguous. Well, nothing wrong with leaving the title like that, since it was probably a mistake that I made due to lack of clarity (I just woke up... Tee-hee~)

First part is not something that could be explained in a forum post. At very least, you have to have solid grasp on common C/C++ data structures and containers (how they are represented in memory and on disk), common compression and encryption algorithms, common encodings, at least basic knowledge of x86 assembler and some skills in reverse-engineering (at least to be familiar with IDA Pro). There are tons of materials available on each of these subjects, but its not something you could learn overnight.
Second (installer) is simpler — you just use any of available toolkits, like Nullsoft Scriptable Install System.