• Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika
  2. 2. Which girl that have best route?

• Kurashina Asuka
    • Tobisawa Misaki
    • Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Until you read all 4 routes (your reasoning for not reading Mashiro and Rika routes is beyond stupid) I'm not taking your opinion seriously at all and will consider it invalid, there is a special ending that only unlocks after you finish all 4 routes and will no doubt change your opinion on the visual novel as a whole.

I'd say not liking characters is a valid reason not to get romantically involved with them. ;)

Not sure if you're joking about the special ending. :unsure:

For what it's worth Rika was surprisingly second best girl after Misaki for me. Her route doesn't have many scenes to blow you out of the water, but it feels really genuine.

For me it felt like Misaki was the center of the VN, she had the backstory, she had all the impactful moments, she even had a fangirl to make things even more about her, so the competition was kinda rigged from the beginning.

2 hours ago, Ruberick said:

I'd say not liking characters is a valid reason not to get romantically involved with them

If you are self-inserting and/or treat a game as dating sim, then certainly ;) But you might miss some nice things that way.

When playing the common route I thought that Mashiro was pretty meh, and wasn't interested in her route at all, but got nice surprise, and in the end I liked her.

Also, I think that romance isn't main focus of this game, even though it is done decently.

2 hours ago, adamstan said:

If you are self-inserting and/or treat a game as dating sim, then certainly ;) But you might miss some nice things that way.

When playing the common route I thought that Mashiro was pretty meh, and wasn't interested in her route at all, but got nice surprise, and in the end I liked her.

Also, I think that romance isn't main focus of this game, even though it is done decently.

I think most self insert in part. Who'd read something like this otherwise? I mean, its not really good you know, when you take a step back and think about it.

Edited by Stormwolf

8 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

I think most self insert in part. Who'd read something like this otherwise? I mean, its not really good you know, when you take a step back and think about it.

It's not as if Aokana was terribly far off from being good.  All the building blocks were there, they just needed to fit together a bit differently.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 6:58 AM, ChaosRaven said:

While he wasn't bad personality-wise, the VN clearly set itself a goal to bring Masaya back to flying, and to be frank, the VN completely failed in that regard, at least in the routes I played.

The bolded part is where you are completely wrong, he does get back into playing FC but you HAVE to read all 4 routes to see that which you already refused to do for stupid reasons (I don't care how rude that is, your reasons are just lame excuses, both Mashiro and Rika's routes are good), you only read two routes which means you have by no means completed the visual novel at all, there is no point in you even giving it a rating when you haven't even finished it.

13 hours ago, Shaun said:

The bolded part is where you are completely wrong, he does get back into playing FC but you HAVE to read all 4 routes to see that which you already refused to do for stupid reasons (I don't care how rude that is, your reasons are just lame excuses, both Mashiro and Rika's routes are good), you only read two routes which means you have by no means completed the visual novel at all, there is no point in you even giving it a rating when you haven't even finished it.

Man, you must really love that title if my review is still bugging you. Especially considering that I already gave it a pretty high rating for my standards. But I kinda envy you, it has gotten really hard for me to really fall for a title nowadays. But if a title really clicks with you, it's a truly awesome experience that blows pretty much all other mediums like videos or books away.

Anyway, I hope you aren't a fan Baldr Sky as well, because I'm about to write a short review about it soon that certainly won't be pretty. :meguface:

Edited by ChaosRaven

27 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Especially considering that I already gave it a pretty high rating for my standards.

Honestly, I'm with you there. If you have little to no interest, forcing yourself through those routes can make the score sharply drop by the end or even ruin your overall experience. It's not like you have get every ending/quest/item/line of dialogue in a game to say you "finished" it. One ending is way more than enough in my book (I would argue about skipping your whole way there, but eeeeh I'm biased against speedruns in general so I can't really provide arguments).

People experience games the way they find the best. You either finish enough of it as a masterpiece or play long enough for it to become kusoge. Routes should be DLC tbh then I could buy only the ones I want.

Signed: a completionist that grew out of it because it's damned unworth it.

8 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Honestly, I'm with you there. If you have little to no interest, forcing yourself through those routes can make the score sharply drop by the end or even ruin your overall experience. It's not like you have get every ending/quest/item/line of dialogue in a game to say you "finished" it. One ending is way more than enough in my book (I would argue about skipping your whole way there, but eeeeh I'm biased against speedruns in general so I can't really provide arguments).

People experience games the way they find the best. You either finish enough of it as a masterpiece or play long enough for it to become kusoge. Routes should be DLC tbh then I could buy only the ones I want.

Signed: a completionist that grew out of it because it's damned unworth it.

That used to be my mindset as well, and it kinda ruins the value of which route you prefer. When I pick up this VN in the near future, I'll only chose one girl based on how attached I become to them.

6 hours ago, AdventuringAtelier said:

That used to be my mindset as well, and it kinda ruins the value of which route you prefer. When I pick up this VN in the near future, I'll only chose one girl based on how attached I become to them.

I personally like to read every route, it's pretty common for how good a character is and how good their route is to be independent of each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for necroing but I don't know where else to go for this question.  So several months ago they locked in the shipping addresses for the Aokana kickstarter and preorder store, but now I need to change my shipping address on account of the fact that... well months have passed and life happens.  Who do I need to reach out to to update my address?

59 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:

Sorry for necroing but I don't know where else to go for this question.  So several months ago they locked in the shipping addresses for the Aokana kickstarter and preorder store, but now I need to change my shipping address on account of the fact that... well months have passed and life happens.  Who do I need to reach out to to update my address?

Poking Kiriya on the NekoNyan discord server might be the quickest way?

On 5/16/2020 at 9:49 PM, ArgentstR said:

Poking Kiriya on the NekoNyan discord server might be the quickest way?

Thank you, that seems to have solved the issue.  Additionally, if anyone else is in the position I was in, the kickstarter update that came out since my previous post offers multiple ways to go about getting your shipping address changed.

Really liked this one. One of the best VN's I've ever played. I came in with moderately high expectations, so I'm glad those expectations were exceeded.

Misaki's route in particular made the game great. I wasn't particularly high on the other routes for a few reasons, but I can see why some people would love Asuka's/Mashiro's routes (Rika's is lacking though). The OST was amazing, and the common route was strong too. I will remember this one fondly for a long time.

It's a great value too. $32-$35 for a single play through of around 30 hours is fantastic by today's standards. Plus the h-scene patch is free for the Steam version (some like to charge for that).

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Why do you hope that they are not supported?

Despite making huge profit from Aokana series they decided to abandon eroge industry and their announced games because "the profit didn't meet their expections" and moved to mobile games. After their mobile game failed they came back to Aokana to take easy money away from their fans who they don't give a damn about.

6 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Despite making huge profit from Aokana series they decided to abandon eroge industry and their announced games because "the profit didn't meet their expections" and moved to mobile games. After their mobile game failed they came back to Aokana to take easy money away from their fans who they don't give a damn about.

I would put that mostly on the management and not the IP and creative staff themselves though.