• Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika
  2. 2. Which girl that have best route?

• Kurashina Asuka
    • Tobisawa Misaki
    • Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika

33 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

How Saki managed to nab first place for the supporting cast is beyond me. Personally, I'd put her in last place on the list, if I'd even let her be on it.

I haven't played Aokana but looking at VNDB she is among my favorites design wise from the entire cast. She looks more appealing to me than the entire main cast, but obviously that is only the character design, I know nothing of their characters.

And it looks like she is popular for a while since she was the only character on the promotion artwork for the cancelled (and now revived?) Aokana sequel.

Link: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/13584-sprite-announces-aokana-zwei-sequel-confirmed/?tab=comments#comment-385441

The reason why I brought that up, is because back then when Aokana 2 was announced I thought yeah, I like her design.

30 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I'm quite surprised that Asuka landed 3rd place - would expect her to be on 2nd. As for others - it's Satouin for me.

I'm pretty sure she has always been third place in every poll actually.

Saki climbing compared to previous polls might be the influence of people wanting Sprite to do zwei.

14 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

I haven't played Aokana but looking at VNDB she is among my favorites design wise from the entire cast. She looks more appealing to me than the entire main cast, but obviously that is only the character design, I know nothing of their characters.

I'm fine with her character design; the main issue for me is her personality, or rather lack thereof. I think she's a pretty bland character when compared to most of the others. (At one point, I even started suspecting there might be a plot twist coming about her actually being an android or something, just because she seemed so emotionless/machinelike.) Then again, maybe polls like these tend to mostly revolve around appearance.

Edited by Seraphim88

3 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

The results of Sprite's Aokana popularity poll are in!

Main heroines
1. Misaki
2. Mashiro
3. Asuka
4. Rika

Others
1. Saki
2. Madoka
3. Satouin
4. Minamo
5. Aoi

Source

How Saki managed to nab first place for the supporting cast is beyond me. Personally, I'd put her in last place on the list, if I'd even let her be on it.

Same reason as Mashiro, the Japs love Lolis. Saki is pushing it though, she has no personality and is kind of annoying. Atleast Misaki won deservedly, maybe we'll get something more for her next year :sacchan:

I dunno how anyone could beat Madoka out of the side characters though, she was hilarious. Aoi as well, not as good as Koichoco's sensei but she was a pretty interesting character, shouldnt be last and esp shouldnt be behind Minamo who barely appears.

On a side note, Sad that we got no releases this month, probably only getting Perfect edition in a week from Nekonyan and thats it. All this free time, nothing new to read ;c

Edited by Freestyle80

10 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Main heroines
1. Misaki
2. Mashiro
3. Asuka
4. Rika

Others
1. Saki
2. Madoka
3. Satouin
4. Minamo
5. Aoi

Source

I could complain about the shitshow that is the Main heroines list, but instead I'm going to ask the far more pressing question of how is it that Aokana's best character (Shindou) didn't even make the top 5?

9 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Yeah, it's either her or Madoka for me. I hope they get their chance to shine in either the sequel or an EXTRA! Would like to see Aoi as well, but I guess the chances of that are lower, if Sprite is actually taking the poll into account.

I hope they don't take the poll into account.  The last thing we need is Rika to get screwed out of screentime even more.  Until I saw that list I had forgotten she was somehow considered a main character.

According to latest Nekonyan's blog post, Perfect Edition DLC is going to be free, as a compensation for delay.

In addition to that, the long-awaited Perfect Edition H-scenes for Misaki will be released as well. As an apology for the long wait for those and for Senren*Banka, we have decided to offer the PE DLC for free. Originally we announced that the DLC would cost $5 but now it’ll be available to everyone for free!

Edited by adamstan

For Saki, I think it's probably because sprite did tease her as the heroine in Aokana Zwei although I don't know much about the detail though to tell the truth. As for poll itself, my focus is more on the main heroines poll in which it's pretty much proved that when it come to Aokana's main heroines there's no difference in that the voters always favored Misaki the most, following Mashiro, Asuka and lastly Rika.

PS - While I thinking that Nekonyan didn't really need to overcompensating their Senren Banka delay with free DLC (Just admitted that Senren Banka will be delayed is already show them that they far more better compared to Sol Press), I appreciate their free DLC release there.

Edited by littleshogun

9 hours ago, adamstan said:

According to latest Nekonyan's blog post, Perfect Edition DLC is going to be free, as a compensation for delay.

probably wouldnt have sold after so long so they are just gathering the good will instead, good choice i guess

Sad that no releases this month but I was expecting their releases to lose steam sooner or later after shoving in Aokana into their already busy release schedule 

9 hours ago, littleshogun said:

For Saki, I think it's probably because sprite did tease her as the heroine in Aokana Zwei although I don't know much about the detail though to tell the truth. As for poll itself, my focus is more on the main heroines poll in which it's pretty much proved that when it come to Aokana's main heroines there's no difference in that the voters always favored Misaki the most, following Mashiro, Asuka and lastly Rika.

PS - While I thinking that Nekonyan didn't really need to overcompensating their Senren Banka delay with free DLC (Just admitted that Senren Banka will be delayed is already show them that they far more better compared to Sol Press), I appreciate their free DLC release there.

and Sekai still has no release date for Leyline 2 and 3, its been 2 fcking years

At this point no way I'm buying that 

Edited by Freestyle80

What I don't get in Misaki's route is

Spoiler

why Saki didn't use Bird Cage against her, even if it were the basic version. In Asuka's route she used it in all matches, no matter how good the other players were, so it's not like she underestimated Misaki. She simply ditched her  best strategy and the whole point of creating a new FC in order to have a basic match without really trying to win. When she found out Misaki could fly backwards, she should have taken advantage of Bird Cage.

27 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

I might be remembering this completely wrong, but

Hide contents

didn't Saki do additional training to learn that strategy in Asuka's route, meaning she didn't actually have it in her arsenal in Misaki's?

Spoiler

No, she used it right at the first match against Asuka, way, way before she started training for the fall tournament. What happened there was that she had developed another type of Bird Cage, now using the new tuning of her grav shoes

23 minutes ago, Silvz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, she used it right at the first match against Asuka, way, way before she started training for the fall tournament. What happened there was that she had developed another type of Bird Cage, now using the new tuning of her grav shoes

This is just headcanon, but my best guess is that

Spoiler

since Asuka had to pretty much restart her coaching with Aoi, she wasn't even good enough to make Saki use Bird Cage. Because of that Irina decided to have Saki only use Bird Cage in the finals against Asuka for her defeat to be as crushing as possible. However, once they realized Misaki was actually good it was too late.

4 hours ago, Silvz said:

Hide contents

why Saki didn't use Bird Cage against her, even if it were the basic version. In Asuka's route she used it in all matches, no matter how good the other players were, so it's not like she underestimated Misaki. She simply ditched her  best strategy and the whole point of creating a new FC in order to have a basic match without really trying to win. When she found out Misaki could fly backwards, she should have taken advantage of Bird Cage.

Well you see, the bird cage is essential to the main story and having anything relevant to the main story in a character route that isn't Asuka's is a big nono for some reason.

6 hours ago, Silvz said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Misaki learned the bird cage and then both Misaki and Saki used it, which resulted in that stalemate situation at the start of the match, with Misaki pulling out the suprise counter to it at the end. They just never learned of the name in Misaki's route.

5 hours ago, ArgentstR said:
  Hide contents

Misaki learned the bird cage and then both Misaki and Saki used it, which resulted in that stalemate situation at the start of the match, with Misaki pulling out the suprise counter to it at the end. They just never learned of the name in Misaki's route.

This is correct. 

13 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

The Perfect Edition patch has now been released!

If you're playing the Steam version, you have to reinstall the 18+ patch (from here) once your update is finished.
If you're playing the non-Steam version, you can download the Perfect Edition patch here.

is it just the one h-scene with the yukata? thought there's more

Just finished it.

There are two new scenes from what I can tell, but for some weird reason, you access them in entirely different ways.
There's no info whatsoever in-game about what the new content is and how to access it, and the scene gallery in the Extra menu doesn't tell you which scenes are a part of Perfect Edition either. The only reason I was able to tell was because I checked the Extra gallery first thing after installing the patch, and at that time, there were two locked h-scenes. There's no indication that they're part of Perfect Edition once you've unlocked them, so unless you remember exactly which h-scenes are old, you might not even realize there's new content there.

The first scene was actually added to Misaki's route, right before the match with Saki. It's just a short scene with some of the worst h-scene CGs I've ever seen. Clarification:

Spoiler

Misaki's giving a blowjob, but there's not a single CG that actually shows her taking it into her mouth.

The other one (that Freestyle mentioned) isn't part of the regular story. It became accessible in the Extra gallery once I finished that first new scene and skipped through the rest of Misaki's route.

All in all, this patch didn't add much value to the game. There were a few funny moments tied to those new h-scenes, but that's all. It was maybe 10-15 minutes of new content in total.
There's absolutely no reason to play this if you disliked Misaki's route, and it's barely worth skipping through all the previously read content even if you did.

Edited by Seraphim88

4 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

According to this tweet, it seems like the first one has been sent out and the second one will be released soon. (And both will come to Steam as soon as they have been approved.)

Huh, I wonder why the folder is named "Aokana DramaCD-2 (EngSub)".  I guess it's probably just an oversight on their part, like how the files were named wrong and didn't extract properly on launch.

Edit: Downloads have been updated and now properly label CD 1.  Additionally, CD 2 has been released.

Edited by GXOALMD

30 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

Whats the Drama CD about? 

I only briefly skimmed a few of them as it turns out I'm not terribly interested in what they have to offer.  Each CD has four scenarios on it each of which is about 10-15 minutes.  CD1 has scenarios for Asuka and Misaki, CD2 has scenarios for Mashiro and Rika.  As far as I can tell each scenario only has it's specified heroine voiced and when interacting with other characters they respond to them the way one would respond to a silent protagonist.  The scenarios are short slice of life bits that occur either during or after that character's route (presumably during, but again I only skimmed them so don't quote me on that.)  If you haven't bought them yet, I would advise against it unless you found Aokana's main cast to be good characters, but even then I'd probably advise against it as I personally couldn't even finish the first scenario for Rika despite her being the only good main character in my mind.  Most likely, they're only worth spending  money on if you want to have ambient noise of these characters talking.