• Tobisawa Misaki
    • Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika
  2. 2. Which girl that have best route?

• Kurashina Asuka
    • Tobisawa Misaki
    • Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika

For a second, I thought "Wow, that's certainly a new and kinda strange expression", and then I realized I'd somehow managed to slightly bump my TV remote, making the cursor show up on screen in a pretty perfect position.

pHG1cw.jpg

(the quality's so-so, since I had to take a photo of the screen for the cursor to be visible)

I finished Misaki's route yesterday (she was the only heroine I cared for) and it was excellently written. I love when Misaki goes off because she's embarrassed and as someone said here, the story along with the h-scenes felt very much in character. Even the pi-pillow talk. I watched the anime beforehand and when they did the reveal when Masaya asks Misaki to practice with him again surprised the hell out of me. I'm looking forward to whatever, if anything, they added in the perfect edition.

I still wish Saki and Satouin had routes though...I mean annoying Mashiro got a extra story, why not the forgotten two?

While Rika's route was really good, Mashiro's route was a bit boring and Asuka's seem ok so far (havent finished it), Misaki's route is leaps and bounds better than anyone else's. Just the dynamic she has with Masaya, the jokes they make, the way they train

even the way they met in the past, I honestly thought that 'boy' would be some random character or someone related to Asuka

Loved her development in FC as well as she went from completely giving up to being a top contender. Just a bit sad they skipped out a bit on the SoL stuff like maybe it took Masaya a bit longer to convince her to come back or meeting her grandma or maybe someone from the club finding them out on a date during the summer period.

atleast we got to see Mashiro's reaction at the end i guess? but it was tame

Also this time we know who's the mysterious masked person that sprite always likes to put in their titles, spoilers for that

Man didnt expect them to expand on Minamo as much as they did, felt bad for her when she started crying after she lost, wish we got a full scene of one of her matches with Masaya.  She even confessed her feelings about Masaya to Misaki which was unexpected, she was definately gonna have a route in Zwei, wasnt she? 

:wafuu:

Its also good to see side characters like Shirase and Shion get so much exposure, makes the world filled alive and not just constrained between the MC and his heroines

I can see why this VN won awards in 2014, i know sprite says its not profitable but thats hard to beleive when they barely release anything, like doing 1 title every 2 years is not even close to enough. There was probably some internal issues that we'll never know about. Maybe one day we'll get something extra for Aokana :amane:

Wonder what extra scenes Misaki gets in the PS4 stuff though, probably a date? Hope they release that soon and hope its something we can easily access 

To end my post, are we sure Asuka is the 'true' heroine? :makina: Glad they didnt skimp out on Misaki's route because of that, it was like Shinonome's one in Koichoco to be honest but probably even better

On 10/7/2019 at 6:17 AM, Seraphim88 said:

I'm having trouble deciding if I should put off reading Misaki's route until the Perfect Edition patch is released. I would be fine with reading the route as it is now if I know that I can reach the new content from the main menu or if it's automatically tagged as unread so I can skip to it, but I haven't been able to find any information about that so I'm not sure what to do.
I've reached out to NekoNyan for confirmation but have yet to receive an answer.

Read it asap :P

Edited by Freestyle80

2 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

To end my post, are we sure Asuka is the 'true' heroine? :makina:

Probably she still is,

Spoiler

because Masaya kind of recovers more "completely", or thoroughly, in her route, and also because of their past promise. And Saki gets happier conclusion in Asuka's route as well - she gets a friend, while after match with Misaki, she still remains alone (because Misaki is afraid of her), and even comments on it.

but Misaki's route also makes a very good conclusion to the Masaya's story, and I'd consider her to be "alternate true heroine" ;) 

4 hours ago, MFrost said:

I still wish Saki and Satouin had routes though...

I think Saki could be difficult to do, since she doesn't have enough exposition in common route, but I'd love Satouin's route as well.

Edited by adamstan

29 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Probably she still is,

Hide contents

because Masaya kind of recovers more "completely", or thoroughly, in her route, and also because of their past promise. And Saki gets happier conclusion in Asuka's route as well - she gets a friend, while after match with Misaki, she still remains alone (because Misaki is afraid of her), and even comments on it.

but Misaki's route also makes a very good conclusion to the Masaya's story, and I'd consider her to be "alternate true heroine" ;) 

I think Saki could be difficult to do, since she doesn't have enough exposition in common route, but I'd love Satouin's route as well.

Eh, maybe I'll change my mind once I get to it but cant deny Misaki did 'save' Masaya at the end there like he asked her to

which is fitting as she was one of the factors that did make him quit (not her fault tho)

Cant really say i'm too interested with Saki's conclusion since she's kinda bland and her second (Irina i think) is annoying with her taunts. 

Wish we saw Shindou VS Misaki again after she improved though! 

25 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

cant deny Misaki did 'save' Masaya at the end there like he asked her to

Yeah, that's true. Since I read Misaki's route before Asuka's, just like you did, I also had my doubts about Asuka's ending - will it bring something more to the table? And well, still voted for Misaki as my favorite heroine and route ;) But I can see where the notion of Asuka's route being the 'final' one comes from.

I guess we could say, that game has two main/central heroines - Asuka and Misaki, and two "side/secondary" ones - Mashiro and Rika.

Edited by adamstan

5 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

While Rika's route was really good, Mashiro's route was a bit boring and Asuka's seem ok so far (havent finished it), Misaki's route is leaps and bounds better than anyone else's. Just the dynamic she has with Masaya, the jokes they make, the way they train

Reveal hidden contents

even the way they met in the past, I honestly thought that 'boy' would be some random character or someone related to Asuka

Loved her development in FC as well as she went from completely giving up to being a top contender. Just a bit sad they skipped out a bit on the SoL stuff like maybe it took Masaya a bit longer to convince her to come back or meeting her grandma or maybe someone from the club finding them out on a date during the summer period.

Reveal hidden contents

atleast we got to see Mashiro's reaction at the end i guess? but it was tame

Reveal hidden contents

Man didnt expect them to expand on Minamo as much as they did, felt bad for her when she started crying after she lost, wish we got a full scene of one of her matches with Masaya.  She even confessed her feelings about Masaya to Misaki which was unexpected, she was definately gonna have a route in Zwei, wasnt she? 

:wafuu:

Read it asap :P

I definitely wanted more SoL moments between Misaki and Masaya. Like, you know Mashiro just FLIPPED out when she found out they were dating, and I would've loved to see Misaki try and introduce Masaya to her grandma, and just having more interactions with her, similar to the anime, especially since she's a big part of Misaki's life.

Honestly, similar to some of the heroines in Majikoi (which I loved too) I would happily re-read Misaki's route, and once again when that patch comes out for her, that's how much I enjoyed their interactions and struggle, and getting back on their feet.

Just finished Rika's route and it kinda left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Spoiler

Rika and Masaya were cute together and there were some nice scenes between them, but the FC part of the route, with Kasumi at its core, was honestly pure crap. I could have accepted that Kasumi saw Rika as a rival and wanted to beat her, but the way she acted like some sort of psychopath, laughing maniacally, moving her body in "spooky" ways, and aiming to physically injure other people, possibly permanently (I mean, she even yelled "Die!" at one point), felt really forced. It's like she was just bad for the sake of being bad, rather than there being an actual reason for her behaving that way. Especially considering how it was all just thrown out the window and she reverted to a completely normal person as soon as Rika showed her "the power of fun" in their match.
They attempted to explain it all away at the end by stating that the advisor from that school told the players to play dirty and not have fun. Yeah, I'm sure everyone would just accept that and start breaking rules and hurting other players just because he said so. :makina:

6 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Just finished Rika's route and it kinda left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Reveal hidden contents

Rika and Masaya were cute together and there were some nice scenes between them, but the FC part of the route, with Kasumi at its core, was honestly pure crap. I could have accepted that Kasumi saw Rika as a rival and wanted to beat her, but the way she acted like some sort of psychopath, laughing maniacally, moving her body in "spooky" ways, and aiming to physically injure other people, possibly permanently (I mean, she even yelled "Die!" at one point), felt really forced. It's like she was just bad for the sake of being bad, rather than there being an actual reason for her behaving that way. Especially considering how it was all just thrown out the window and she reverted to a completely normal person as soon as Rika showed her "the power of fun" in their match.
They attempted to explain it all away at the end by stating that the advisor from that school told the players to play dirty and not have fun. Yeah, I'm sure everyone would just accept that and start breaking rules and hurting other players just because he said so. :makina:

It didn't bother me that much, but perhaps I was blinded by Rika's cuteness ;) But yeah, there are definitely some plotholes here and there.

Hey guys! What's up? I'm here for ask. Anyone knows how to extract ".DAT" files from this visual novel? There's a folder named "Aokana_data", and inside, all the BGM, sprites, etc from the game in ".DAT" extension. I want to know how to extract the "sprite.dat" because I need the character images. I tried GARbro, DATtool, Watch Dog extractor and FTL_unpacker and all of them get me error... Please, help.

When Aokana physical was being funded or even when a release date was announced I wasnt really that excited about it, not sure why but maybe I thought the FC stuff would just be stupid (and maybe the anime played a part in it). Was far more excited about the following release Hello Lady as it was from the creators of Comyu.

Man I was wrong, this was a solid 9/10 read. Buying this was the best decision I've made, its been a long time since I've binged a VN all weekend long plus the public holiday even:sacchan:. I'd give that score for the common route+Misaki's route alone but they went even further by putting in effort in the 'side' routes Rika and Mashiro as well. Asuka's one wasnt half-bad as well, even though I dont really like her personality too much it was a fun read. 

spirte's art is fantastic, Koichoco's one was already pretty good and unique and this improved on it even further. The music and sound effects during the FC parts went a long way into making me enjoy those parts. I hardly skipped a line (and in Misaki's case even read her h-scenes lel) which means the writing was top-notch.

I get that sprite probably put too much time into developing this leading to losses and their eventual 'downfall' but atleast they were able to produce such a masterpiece.

It was so good I probably wouldnt mind re-reading it once the "perfect" patch comes out but I do hope they make it easy to get to the 'new' content. Misaki def needed a bit more SoL stuff as I've mentioned previous

Also, lastly thanks Nekonyan for actually localizing this. I thought this would never get picked up after all the google drive fiasco from years ago :makina:. I hope they pick up ImaImo as well, thats the only one left from sprite that needs a translation (and maybe localize Koichoco too ;D)

Well, I've been playing it for the past days/week slowly but at nice pace. I'm going through Misaki's route now and enjoying pretty much everything, which is a nice surprise considering mi first thoughs when I saw the concepts of the story. I am definitely not a fan of sports related storys and even less when includes elements like in this case with the flying, but now I can see that it didn't really matters since it's really well made and can get you interested easily. Also having this characters it's difficult not wanting to keep going and going, and I will mention the side ones too, I always apreciatte the effort outside the MC and the main heroines. 

On the artistic side I just love the amount of details, I thought the same with Koichoco, so I expected no less on this one. 

Now that I have some days I'll go for the end and more routes. At first it's kinda hard choosing, but so far I'm enjoying the ride with Misaki, will probably be mi favorite one at the end still. :yumiko:

Will have to go back to do more Rika aswell, but just to enjoy things more. Man, I gave her the worst times ever. :wahaha:

Edited by Noire-

22 hours ago, GXOALMD said:

So I finished the common route last night.  I'm not quite sure how there's an all ages version of this novel, you'd have to largely rewrite the common route to prevent Rika from getting screwed (out of her screen time).

Unless its by MoeNovel isnt all ages just removal of the H-Scenes and any nude scenes? 

Don't remember if Rika was completely nude there but magical sunlight was probably used 

I think this was aimed to be a joke about how Rika doesn't get enough screen time in common route ;)

Anyway, all-ages version cuts only h-scenes, and adds a bit of magic steam to onsen CG in common route, to cover "sensitive" parts (nipples and genital areas). OTOH, the CG with girls changing in clubroom is left unaltered, since there are no nipples visible there.

Edited by adamstan

2 hours ago, adamstan said:

I think this was aimed to be a joke about how Rika doesn't get enough screen time in common route ;)

That was the intention.  Additionally, the entire time I've been reading, I've had two consistent opinions on the characters.

1. Rika is the best heroine.

2. The supporting cast is a stronger set of characters than the main cast.

Having now almost finished Rika's route, I've come to the conclusion that these two opinions are not unrelated. >.>

22 hours ago, GXOALMD said:

That was the intention.  Additionally, the entire time I've been reading, I've had two consistent opinions on the characters.

1. Rika is the best heroine.

2. The supporting cast is a stronger set of characters than the main cast.

Having now almost finished Rika's route, I've come to the conclusion that these two opinions are not unrelated. >.>

Highly debatable, Rika was a good side-heroine and her route was awesome, spirte thankfully did not skimp out and focus exclusively on the main two but in the end, it never did poke at main story and Masaya's past was largely ignored even though she knew about his FC days. 

Also Misaki's route kinda blows it out of the water imo :sacchan:

I never commented on how good I thought her route was.  I merely used it as a reference point to further my joke that Rika is a supporting character despite being listed as a main character.

I guess my sense of humor doesn't come across properly in text. T-T

4 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

Highly debatable, Rika was a good side-heroine and her route was awesome, sprite thankfully did not skimp out and focus exclusively on the main two but in the end, it never did poke at main story and Masaya's past was largely ignored even though she knew about his FC days. 

Also Misaki's route kinda blows it out of the water imo :sacchan:

Both Mashiro and Rika are main heroines not side heroines, calling them side heroines is wrong.

Looks like NekoNyan is working on the perfect edition according to their last update. What's the difference though? did it add or remove anything?

and I'm not going to go thru the other 3 routes, but are there more of a response towards Masaya's and the selected heroine's romance development or do they all just sort of skip past that and accept it begrudgingly like in Misaki's route? 

34 minutes ago, MFrost said:

Looks like NekoNyan is working on the perfect edition according to their last update. What's the difference though? did it add or remove anything?

and I'm not going to go thru the other 3 routes, but are there more of a response towards Masaya's and the selected heroine's romance development or do they all just sort of skip past that and accept it begrudgingly like in Misaki's route? 

Not sure if I understand your question entirely, but I read Mashiro's route. Oddly, in her route, the game kind of focuses on her more and will switch back to Masaya's point of view. I will say, in the beginning of her route she begins to realize her feelings for him, though struggles on what those feeling are. Eventually Mashiro comes up with a way to tell him, but it doesn't go as planned. After a certain loss though, she goes and cries alone (beliving her love won't come), but Masaya finds her and professes his love for her. This is the first part of her route. Second part focuses on them dating and her match again Masaki. 

I haven't read the others yet, but am on the second part of Rika. For Mashiro though, I feel like her love for him is better shown in the first part of her route compared to Rika's. However, I think Masaya wasn't handle to well in terms of the confession because he kind of just randomly says to her he loves her and yet we don't really see that. We see how Mashiro has feelings for him. Same with Rika to a degree, though in her route Masaya shows he's growing to like her. Though, for Rika, we kind of know she's grown to like him. I just wish we could see things from her point of view like we did with Mashiro's route. 

Still, I feel like the confession is better with Rika. Masaya's confession with Mashiro felt weird, but their relationship afterwards is okay. Cliche, but okay. 

Sorry of this doesn't answer your question though DX. So, to put it simply, for Rika and Mashiro, it doesn't feel like they just went with it and wee see the relationship grow even before the confession. I can see Misaki doing that though, with her begrudgingly accepting. 

38 minutes ago, MFrost said:

A couple of Misaki h-scenes.

Uhh... I don't really saw anything as begrudgingly, but if you want much romance development then Mashiro is the route.