• Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika
  2. 2. Which girl that have best route?

• Kurashina Asuka
    • Tobisawa Misaki
    • Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika

57 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I've also never played a fandisc where the support heroines are given main roles instead of how they were in the original at least not treated anywhere close to how the mains are in the original.

Then you certainly didn't play much: Princess Evangile, Little Busters, Majikoi, Walkure Romanze, Flowers, 9-Nine series, Tsuriotsu, Shuffle, Akatsuki no Goei, Reminiscence, etc. just to name a few.

And I guess lots of Illyasviel fans would burn you on a stake for denying her main heroine status in Fate/Stay Night just because she doesn't have her own route - she *only* has several anime series for herself. And Inui Sana from Mashiro no Symphony got her own route after she won the official (!!!) character poll.

And just to put things clear, I personally will comment about ANY character of a VN that pleases me, even if he or she doesn't even have a sprite or a text line. If a side character gets mentioned a lot in a positive context, it means that the developers did a good job for the support cast so there's a definite meaning behind it. Naturally, the same also applies reversed for a negative context as well.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Of course Aoi or Reiko won't have routes, but that definitely won't stop us from talking about them :P (Because, honestly, why shouldn't we?)

Just now, ChaosRaven said:

And just to put things clear, I personally will comment about ANY character of a VN that pleases me, even if he or she doesn't even have a sprite or a text line. If a side character gets mentioned a lot in a positive context, it means that the developers did a good job for the support cast so there's a definite meaning behind it. Naturally, the same also applies for a negative context as well.

Exactly this.

lkjjao2a.jpg

Did anyone understand the strange explanations and diagrams of this title? I mean, I get a diagram where all grav shoe types have the same acceleration, and below it an explanation text claiming they are different. And why does an all-rounder has just the same lame top speed like a Fighter? Shouldn't it be somewhere inbetween?! I'm also pretty sure that you need a high acceleration to reach a high starting speed, since that's pretty much the whole definition of it. So I personally don't get why we need 3 bars here at all. It could make sense for initial acceleration and mid-speed acceleration, but that should be already clear from the top speed differences.

From my understanding it's just a high acceleration of Fighters vs. high top speed of Speeders comparison. Fighters need to be agile and flexible and therefore need a high acceleration, while Speeders accelerate slower but reach a higher top speed. The easiest real-life example for a Speeder would be sprint star Usain Bolt. He always had a worse start than the other sprinters and was therefore initially behind, but since his his top speed was just higher than the rest, he passed all of them sooner or later.

Yeah, probably the graph is just off a bit. Maybe artist didn't understand it well enough themselves ;)

BTW - latest patch fixes some of the UI issues. I can confirm that "Text border" function now works as it should. (I'm playing Steam version)

Yesterday I reached bad end (to get it out of the way), now onto the routes :D

Edited by adamstan

3 hours ago, adamstan said:

Yesterday I reached bad end (to get it out of the way), now onto the routes :D

Is that just by not getting into any routes?  Does it have any CGs or story tied to it at all?  VNDB doesn't really mention any bad ends though it doesn't list it as having only good ends, imo I see no point in getting a bad end if it doesn't lead to anything like CGs, being required to get other endings etc (the last one obviously doesn't apply to this visual novel).

I find it very weird that a visual novel like this even has any bad ends.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Is that just by not getting into any routes?

Yes, it happens when you refuse all four girls at route-branching choice. It doesn't have much story or any CGs, but in Steam version it gives an achievement ;) There's no drama involved, the game just ends after short dialogue with Shion, because player haven't selected a route.

Edited by adamstan

3 hours ago, adamstan said:

Yes, it happens when you refuse all four girls at route-branching choice. It doesn't have much story or any CGs, but in Steam version it gives an achievement ;) There's no drama involved, the game just ends after short dialogue with Shion, because player haven't selected a route.

Yeah sounds completely pointless to get it on purpose and just sounds like it's something most visual novels have if you don't get on a route, even more pointless if you didn't buy it from Steam which for me I no longer support visual novels on Steam after the censorship bullshit they're pulling, I'll buy them elsewhere.

7 hours ago, adamstan said:

In case of Aokana, Steam version has added value, because it contains Japanese version as well. (AFAIK other editions are English only) And there's free +18 patch on Nekonyan's site, if one wants h-scenes.

All versions are the same no matter where you buy it from, unless you have solid proof that I am wrong that is.  It seems a lot of you don't realize this visual novel came out in Japan in 2014.

You're just supporting censorship by buying any visual novels from Steam.

Edited by Shaun

Looking forward to this one after I finnish the ones I've got now.

But I do have a doubt as well. Considering I'm playing Koichoco, I wonder if this one has a forced rute too? Cause I really hope it's not the case. The flying thing seems kinda crazy tho, but will have to play it.

28 minutes ago, Noire- said:

Looking forward to this one after I finnish the ones I've got now.

But I do have a doubt as well. Considering I'm playing Koichoco, I wonder if this one has a forced rute too? Cause I really hope it's not the case. The flying thing seems kinda crazy tho, but will have to play it.

No it has no forced route order (you can go in any order you want), it would say so on vndb which it doesn't, it may be a Sprite title but that doesn't mean it will be the same which it isne't.

Everything about it is very different then Koichoco, artwork, characters etc. I've already given it a 10 on vndb, on my 3rd route already, I went Mashrio > Rika > Misaki (on this route now) > Asuka.

Edited by Shaun

I finally managed to play this after doing many tweak here (My laptop being very old and all), although it still can't play the opening video though so I decided to delete the video files (Oh well). By the way there'll be no forced route order just as Shaun said, so you didn't need to worry about same situation like back at Koichoco if you worry about it.

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

All versions are the same no matter where you buy it from, unless you have solid proof that I am wrong that is.

Well, obviously I don't have version from other shops, but according to vndb, https://vndb.org/r58672 (+18 NekoNyan release, which is also available on MG and JAST) has only English. Do you have it? Does it have language switch in options menu? If so, it would be good to correct vndb data.

It's not so obvious, because there was same situation with Wagamama High Spec for example. All-ages version (available from Sekai Project, and Steam) had language switch, while +18 version from Denpasoft, until last update, was English-only. During that last update, in March 2019, they unified both versions, and made +18 patch for all-ages version. (Before this both versions were completely separated)

Edited by adamstan

Does anyone know if Perfect Edition includes anything else than scenes with Misaki? I assume her scenes are part of her route, so I'm considering putting off reading it until the patch is released, but I'd love to know if Perfect Edition adds any content to the other routes as well or if I can finish them without missing out on anything.

6 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Regular version:

Just to be sure - this is https://vndb.org/r58672, not Steam version with adult patch installed?

I'm asking, because the latter retains multi language support. Moreover, pirated versions floating around the net are also based on cracked Steam version with adult patch, so it's impossible to check with them.

Edited by adamstan

I have the JAST release of the novel.  English and Japanese are both available options on mine.  I'm not sure why it's not letting me attach my screenshots, but if you're interested in seeing basically the same images as posted above, here are the links:

English Selected:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y3pMvyEsXQ5uYO-Lk1dV1Rpa6-C86ez-/view?usp=sharing

Japanese Selected:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D9YqoEe99o7duIrgEOXX_NO7RbuyZoBb/view?usp=sharing

6 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:

I have the JAST release of the novel.  English and Japanese are both available options on mine.  I'm not sure why it's not letting me attach my screenshots, but if you're interested in seeing basically the same images as posted above, here are the links:

English Selected:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y3pMvyEsXQ5uYO-Lk1dV1Rpa6-C86ez-/view?usp=sharing

Japanese Selected:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D9YqoEe99o7duIrgEOXX_NO7RbuyZoBb/view?usp=sharing

Thanks. Then it seems that https://vndb.org/r58672 entry on vndb should be edited to include other languages.

5 hours ago, Silvz said:

I'm still playing the common route, but Rika is my favorite by far. Hope her route is consistent

Yeah, Rika is cute. However, I have hard time choosing, since they're all cute - each in her own way. I'm currently on Mashiro's route (started with it), and while in the beginning of the common route I didn't think too highly about her, she grew on me, and when it came to the end of the common route, I already liked all four girls :)

I have a feeling, that Asuka's route might be something akin to "true route", so I'm saving her for the last, and considering other suggestions here and there, my next route will be Rika, followed by Misaki and Asuka, so basically the order from Chuee's walkthrough.

Edited by adamstan

I've been going at a pretty slow pace due to being busy with Code Vein, which released at the same time as Aokana, but I enjoy it a lot so far even though not much has happened yet. (I just reached chapter 6)

I absolutely love the amount of detail they've put into the backgrounds! I wish more VNs would take this approach, rather than use backgrounds devoid of people or ones where there just are a bunch of faceless blobs standing around.
Let's just take a moment to appreciate the lady sitting at the right edge of the screen, eating something with a blissful expression on her face.

NUsB9n.png