• Tobisawa Misaki
    • Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika
  2. 2. Which girl that have best route?

• Kurashina Asuka
    • Tobisawa Misaki
    • Arisaka Mashiro
    • Ichinose Rika

Yeah we already have exact release date for Aokana, and it'll be at 27th later according to their newest KS update so I figure that it would be the good time to open the discussion. As for Aokana, what I can see for now is that the overall reception would be quite a positive one so much that Joyjason gave it 8. As for now, well we can only wait and hope that it'll go smoothly. Aokana will be available in the seven shops (NekoNyan store, Denpasoft, Fakku, JAST, Mangagamer, Nutaku, and Steam), so feel free to get it from whichever shop that you prefer. I'll add more info on the heroines later.

Edit - Now that the time for the release is come, I'll decided to add the review here seeing that there's quite a number of the review although before I'm going to give the link here I can say that more or less Aokana here is quite well received. Those reviews are from the aforementioned Joyjason (He gave score 8 which to say was quite high of him despite he rate the MC as average one here, and that he expect that the MC should fight very hard which may understandable for some people), MDZ (Koiresort translator, and apparently he did delete his site for some reason), Bananashiki (His review point the lack of Music Mode in original version), Warum (He also point the lack of music mode), ThatGuyWhoReadVNs (Yeah that's his nickname and he posted that at Amino, also he like Misaki very much), and VNMusing. Keep in mind that the reviews will have some spoiler to a degree, and that some of those might be quite subjective so hopefully you'll read it open mindedly if you interested to read it first before to play Aokana here.

For the heroines, compared to Koichoco in here we only have four heroines here. Let's see what I can write about them here.

1. Kurashina Asuka

28112.jpg

I think it's pretty obvious that people will remember Chisato if they saw the design first, although in Asuka's case she's not a tsundere though. Also unlike Chisato her initial setting is not a easily jealous childhood, but instead Asuka here is a girl that Masaya (The MC) coincidentally met when he went to the school and that she show some potential in Flying Circus. She's still similar to Chisato though, in that Asuka here is Aokana's main heroine. Other than that, she's quite polite to anyone else that she met, and he'll always give it all whenever she achieve a certain goal. Her VA is Fukuen Misato in that her roles are Hoshizora Miyuki/Cure Happy from Smile PreCure (SmPC) anime, Nikaidou Shinku from Irotoridori, Eve from Black Cat and To Love Ru (Both are anime), Fujishiro Noeri from Dal Segno, Himiko Touga from Boku no Hero Academia anime, Natsume Ai from Sakura no Uta, Leonne from Futagohime anime, and Kujo Miyako from Nine.

2. Tobisawa Misaki

28113.jpg

If Asuka's design here is resembled Chisato, then Misaki's design here is resembled Satsuki. Although her VA here is not Asakawa Yuu though, but rather Misaki's VA is Asakura Azumi in which her roles are Oosachi Asuka from Hakuai, Tsyuri Kumin from Chuunibyo anime, Hinomiya Ayari from Witch's Garden, Asia Argento from High School DxD anime, Fujimiya Sakuya from Daitoshokan Shippo Days, Shiina May from Lilycle, Kamata Mariko from Idol Death Game TV, and Hagiwara Yukiho from Idolmaster. As for her setting, she's Masaya's classmate who is quite airhead and that she like to eat a lot. Also she love her grandmother very much, and she like to sleep whenever she get the chance seeing that she got low blood pressure and all.

3. Arisaka Mahiro

28114.jpg

The heroine with the most obvious animal motive, in this case cat so perhaps Michiru would be the closest comparison here (Especially seeing that Michiru's hair is like cat ear). Masaya's underclassman that like to play the game very much, and more importantly like Misaki very much so much that Mashiro like to following Misaki whenever she got the chance. Her fondness of Misaki here also causing Mahiro sometimes getting jealous of Masaya whenever Masaya getting close to Misaki, but of course Masaya here can have Mashiro to be fall in love with him. Mashiro's VA here is Yamamoto Nozomi in which her roles are Jougasaki Rika from Idolmaster Cinderella Girl, Murasame from Senren Banka, Houjo Cosmo from Pripara, Misono Senri from Daitoshokan, Ouige Chika from Genshinken, Shitaka Iroi from Love Cube, Yuri from Uchi trilogy, and Nosuri from Utawarerumono 2.

4. Ichinose Rika

28115.jpg

Masaya's neighbor in that she's quite hostile toward him because Masaya accidentally enter her room whenever she change her outfit quite often, and that she'd attend different school from him and the rest of the three heroines. That alone cause her to be quite distant from the rest of the group, and moreso when Masaya's school and her school have a rivalry in regard of Flying Circus. Her VA is Yonezawa Madoka in which her roles are Ogiso Setsuna from White Album 2, Jounochi Serena from Pretty Rythm Aurora Dream anime, Shirasaki Tsugumi from Daitoshokan, Hirasawa Ui from K-ON anime, Ichinose Miyu from Saku Saku, Sugisaki Ringo from Setokai no Ichizon anime, Hoshino Iroha from Pure Song Garden, and Sasano Momoko from Sukitte Ii na yo.

I guess that's all for the heroines info, and for additional info like Koichoco the heroines VA will sang their respective ending song which is a nice touch.

Edited by littleshogun

7 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:

... though the novel will be available from other (better) sources?

and those are? personally i´m pretty much cool with buying their stuff at JAST. bit curious though why they haven´t also gone after GOG, but oh well

Edited by SaintOfVoid

2 hours ago, SaintOfVoid said:

and those are? personally i´m pretty much cool with buying their stuff at JAST. bit curious though why they haven´t also gone after GOG, but oh well

To be honest, Steam is my ideal choice, but whenever I read VNs on steam they show up in my friend's recommendations and I don't feel like listening to them moan about how I'm ruining their store feed.

I'll take Denpasoft or Mangagamer (assuming their store gets fixed) over JAST.  I can get back into my accounts for either of those sites in under 5 minutes easily.  For some ungodly reason I have to check all of my emails multiple times before I can figure out which one is linked to my JAST account.  Of course finding the email is never enough, now I have to go through password recovery which, again for some ungodly reason, never works the first time on JAST.

Just now, adamstan said:

It looks absolutely gorgeous!

It really is, and it's all delightfully crisp since you can play it in 2560 x 1440 resolution!

I loved Koichoco and I have a great impression of Aokana right from the get-go, which makes it all the sadder that Sprite halted operations last year.

Can anyone comment on recommended route order?

Walkthrough at seiya-saiga.com goes with Asuka -> Mashiro -> Rika -> Misaki, (probably because that's the order in which the routes branch off from the common) however when googling "Aokana waltkhrough" I also came across the posts that suggested reading Rika nad Mashiro before Misaki and Asuka.

I've only managed to find two guides and I imagine it's the same ones you found, where one says the suggested playing order is Rika/Mashiro followed by Asuka/Misaki, and the other one just lists the routes in the order the writer finished them. Confirmation from someone would be nice, but if that doesn't happen, I'm going to assume that the guide that actually mentions a suggested playing order is the one to follow.

Just started playing this a bit, some thoughts:
The art really is beautiful, from character sprites to backgrounds, they didnt half-ass anything. The world feels alive and not just confined to the MC and his heroines lol (Those 1440p assets must be big tho...game is like 9.3 gb is size)

They also learnt from Koichoco, no bitchy unlikable heroines :mare:, might not have to mute someone/skip someone's route completely :wahaha:

Masaya seems to be a good protag as well. Too bad sprite went under, they barely released 3 games

41 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

They also learnt from Koichoco, no bitchy unlikable heroines :mare:, might not have to mute someone/skip someone's route completely :wahaha:

For me it's exactly the opposite - the main heroines lack some 'bite'. Most of them seem clumsy deredere airheads which is my least favorite heroine type. The only main heroine I kinda like so far is Misaki and I'd take Aoi or Reiko over them all.

Edited by ChaosRaven

3 hours ago, adamstan said:

I'm liking the girls so far, but would appreciate a tsundere among them - they went too "safe" way this time ;). (Team Chisato :D) And yeah, Reiko seems good too, but Aoi doesn't attract me too much. 

Why are you mentioning girls that have no routes?  You should know there are only 4 routes.

A thing I've noticed with the settings is the movie volume does nothing, I have it down to half but it still sounds like it's at full volume.

6 hours ago, adamstan said:

I'm liking the girls so far, but would appreciate a tsundere among them - they went too "safe" way this time ;). (Team Chisato :D) And yeah, Reiko seems good too, but Aoi doesn't attract me too much. 

Well, Aoi is probably less about her appearance and more because she's more mature and I don't have the feeling of talking to a 5 year old kid in conversations with her like the others. XD

But I'm not a big fan of Sprite's character designs anyway, so none of them makes my heart throb. Backgrounds are great though, especially since they also have background characters.

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Why are you mentioning girls that have no routes?  You should know there are only 4 routes.

Why should it not be allowed to mention side heroines? It's not unusual that side heroines overshadow main heroines. Lots of VN's even have fan discs where side heroines ascend to main heroines.

30 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Why should it not be allowed to mention side heroines? It's not unusual that side heroines overshadow main heroines. Lots of VN's even have fan discs where side heroines ascend to main heroines.

They're support characters not side heroines and Aoi will never have a route for obvious reasons and fandiscs are just that extras for fans they're not really canon (imho), I've also never played a fandisc where the support heroines are given main roles instead of how they were in the original at least not treated anywhere close to how the mains are in the original.