Freestyle80

Mangagamer and Minori News(?) to be announced soon

Well I prefer to see Mangagamer's tweet on their payment processor problem solution, but if they need to tell us about minori's plan then sure why not. For now I'll just hope that at the very least we can get a new minori VNs localized, and if possible a big update on Supipara. I'll wait until October 3rd later to see more detail about the news itself later.

Edited by littleshogun

I can only really guess at what it isn't... it probably isn't the Trinoline FD or Sonokemo.  My reasoning is that those two are the IPs most likely to have been caught up in issues with creditors when Minori went under...

Incidentally, I'm glad Minori is gone... their protagonists were almost universally idiots who reminded me of Shinji from Evangelion (hetare+nibui+constantly saying the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time).  Shinji-type protagonists go beyond irritating into actively making me want to smash something (Soreyori no Prologue was particularly bad about that, since the protag completely misses why he is breaking the heroine's heart in the beginning of the game). 

The only game I liked without reservation by the company was Eden, lol. 

On 9/10/2019 at 9:48 PM, Silvz said:

maybe a new game entirely? I know that minori is dead, but maybe Mangagamer can pull some strings to make something small such as Korokkopur [or however it is written] happen.

Oh, I'll take a guess!  MangaGamer will start developing games using minori's IPs, and minori will sell them!  With the power of friendship, they'll do together what they failed to do alone!

Edited by sanahtlig

On 12/09/2019 at 2:12 PM, Clephas said:

I can only really guess at what it isn't... it probably isn't the Trinoline FD or Sonokemo.  My reasoning is that those two are the IPs most likely to have been caught up in issues with creditors when Minori went under...

Incidentally, I'm glad Minori is gone... their protagonists were almost universally idiots who reminded me of Shinji from Evangelion (hetare+nibui+constantly saying the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time).  Shinji-type protagonists go beyond irritating into actively making me want to smash something (Soreyori no Prologue was particularly bad about that, since the protag completely misses why he is breaking the heroine's heart in the beginning of the game). 

The only game I liked without reservation by the company was Eden, lol. 

Yeah, Protags are stupid and not just that their world building is so bad, like in Trinoline no one exists in the game except MC and his heroines and a few sub characters, it felt really off.

I only liked Ef from them and that too mostly the routes that didnt have one of those annoying twins as heroines

4 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

Yeah, Protags are stupid and not just that their world building is so bad, like in Trinoline no one exists in the game except MC and his heroines and a few sub characters, it felt really off.

I only liked Ef from them and that too mostly the routes that didnt have one of those annoying twins as heroines

The aesthetic in Minori games was superb, and I honestly found I liked at least one path in each game...   However, that usually didn't make up for protagonist frustration and a tendency toward going surreal at the weirdest times. 

The 'no one exists but the heroines and protagonist' thing is a trope common in VNs... in particular in charage.  In Minori's defense, this was used to build up the heroines into more complex and multi-faceted characters, in most cases, a legitimate reason to use this tactic.  In opposition, most charage just do it because the writer can't handle more characters or doesn't want to compare the non-heroine characters with the heroines (sometimes the non-heroines end up being better than the heroines). 

Honestly?  I'd love to see Minori's staff hired by other companies with a more pragmatic approach to game-making.  As it is, Minori has been a prima-donna for so long that the arrogant assumption that people would buy even their worst works gladly became the norm, looking at them from the outside.