Protagonist

closeshot

The only cases I can think of off the top of my head are:
(I will let the girls remain anonymous, in order to avoid spoilers as much as possible)

- Shuuichi in Hoshi Ori. There's no sex, which I assume is what you're referring to when you say "a good time", but he does have a girlfriend. She doesn't show up much though and doesn't even have a sprite.
- Taisuke in School Days. Depending on your choices, he will hook up with a certain girl. There's sex, but it's not exactly romantic. Also, School Days and Shiny Days are probably the worst VNs I've ever read, for various reasons.
- Shin in Swan Song. I think he and the girl are a really cute couple, but considering how dark the rest of the VN is, it might not be your cup of tea. There's sex in this one as well.

If you are talking about non-MC males having a romantic relationship with girls , then you're probably looking for things from the 90's. With the advent of moege, males other then the protagonist of a work either are completely disgusting people no one wants to have a relationship with for reasons(usually they're just to openly pervy, or are actual rapsits), or have fetishes that just don't work. Or only exist for comedy. Or are the MC's parents. All because people didn't want to feel threatened by the other guys in the setting.

If all you want is to see other guys get chicks, then NTR is probably the only real genre with that happening. I'm sure there's a few random moege's where other guys have girlfriends you'll never see, but even that is rare. There might be some English works where you can see everyone having a good time with a significant other, but I don't know enough about that to offer any titles.

I do remember one VN where there's another couple that you see having sex. Cosplay Fetish Academy has your brother and his girl having a relationship, that you can make into your own harem if you enter that girls route. if you go for the other girls though, they just have a relationship. You are not shown any of their real relationship though. Seinarukana also has something similar, but goofs it up and needs its untranslated fandisc to fix/make the relationship.

Edit- Konosora's fandisc, Amane route, is all about hooking up the friend of the main character with the girl's friend. There's no shown sex, but it is cute and one of the rare times a girl with a sprite in a work ends up with someone that isn't the protag.

Edited by jikorde

There was a route in Clannad where you helped get a couple together (and it counted towards unlocking the after story).

You can attempt to date the girl in question yourself, but that leads to a bad end....

Spoiler

An Unrequited Love Triangle Bad End at that......

....... ironic that I ended up with that end when I played the VN blind for the first time. Heh :michiru:

Wanted to post here earlier, but completely forgot about it.

- Hapymaher. The protagonist's friend is in a relationship with the little sister of one of the heroines.

- Aselia the Eternal. Two of the protagonist's best friends also happen to be in a relationship. On the other hand, the girl also happens to be in love with the protagonist and switches sides of you choose her route. :makina:

- Seinarukana. jikorde already mentioned it. There's some romantic tension between some male characters and non-romancable females. It never really gets anywhere, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

There was a route in Clannad where you helped get a couple together (and it counted towards unlocking the after story).

You can attempt to date the girl in question yourself, but that leads to a bad end....

Reveal hidden contents

An Unrequited Love Triangle Bad End at that......

....... ironic that I ended up with that end when I played the VN blind for the first time. Heh :michiru:

Why would you ever want to date that scumbag?

4 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

- Seinarukana. jikorde already mentioned it. There's some romantic tension between some male characters and non-romancable females. It never really gets anywhere, unfortunately.

In the untranslated fandisc they get together. Same with the dark samurai friend and the spirit of his sword. We'll probably never get that stuff but it's their.

11 minutes ago, jikorde said:

In the untranslated fandisc they get together. Same with the dark samurai friend and the spirit of his sword. We'll probably never get that stuff but it's their.

Yeah, I've seen some CGs of the fandisc online, and it looks like they did. Really a shame it will never get translated. I believe, this game probably didn't sell that well in English.