Pokemon X/Y

Tay

Absolutely, totally psyched for it. Getting X digitally and picking up a phycial copy of Y tomorrow. On my main file I'm going with Fennekin.

Awesome!  I'm going with Chespin and then

Charmander for the 2nd starter.

nope. the only thing i can do now is wait like a boss :|

i have to wait until it comes to my country.

Ah, man!  I thought they were doing a worldwide launch for all supported locations.  No such luck, huh?

Absolutely, totally psyched for it. Getting X digitally and picking up a phycial copy of Y tomorrow. On my main file I'm going with Fennekin.

I go for Y too , something about the X pokemon just doesnt seem too good for me.

Awesome!  I'm going with Chespin and then

Charmander for the 2nd starter.

Ah, man!  I thought they were doing a worldwide launch for all supported locations.  No such luck, huh?

i even dont know you got to pick the 2nd starter in pokemon X and Y

well thats new to me.

yeah , maybe 3days for now , i got my game. In indonesia stuff like this is considered a junk and on low priority .

I haven't played pokemon since diamond and pearl, I haven't even kept up with the systems for the generations after them.  Might get whatever one X and Y are on and get them, be a good change of pace from all the violent games I've been playing.

well you bet, lets buy it and play :D

unfortunately I don't have a 3DS

a 3DS is currently outside of my budget range for my job

and 3DS is made by Nintendo, which I'm still annoyed at (LP situation)

and if I wanted to get a 3DS anyways, I'd want to stream it, which the 3DS capture card costs about $400...

;; that said, pokemon (gamefreaks) isn't entirely controlled by nintendo, so I don't have anything against them specifically...

Unfortunately I don't have a 3DS and don't plan on getting one =( 

I haven't enjoyed the Pokemon games since Diamond/Pearl. I think it's mainly because i'm far more interested in the old Pokemon than the newer ones. If they released a game where you could visit each reach in order, starting with new Pokemon in each region (and being able to access your old ones when you had the right badges!), then I would buy whatever console that came out on. I would also buy a more Pokemon Coliseum-esque game with an actual story (scratch that, I would probably kill for one of those).

Neither of those are ever going to happen though >.<

*Edit*: Traditionally I choose the fire starters, though this time around I would go water because i'm not a fan of Fennekin's 3rd evolution.

I plan to download Y later tonight, also, I plan to get Froakie as a starter, but completely ditch him when I can get charmander. 

From my understanding of the game, you can have more than one mega evolution, but just cant activate more than one per battle (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).  If this is the case, then I plan to get both Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard Y on my team.

If anyone is looking to manipulate their own emotions and get "in the Pokezone", I suggest watching the new Pokemon Origin series.  Here's a link: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/pokemon-origin-online

(4 episodes, 21m each)

Seconded. It's not particulary good (though the animation can get impressive) and very rushed, but damn all that nostalgia. 

All those people around me going crazy on X/Y and disappearing from the surface of the world except when it's for talking in Pokemon threads. That almost makes me want to dive back into it.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red, Green and Blue XD. This one, though. Everyone's talking about it on every social media. The reviews are great. That darn Pokemon Origin nostalgia series. Everything is steering me toward picking up the game. I'll probably end up buying it once I'm done with Etrian Odyssey IV, which I'm playing now :).

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red, Green and Blue XD. This one, though. Everyone's talking about it on every social media. The reviews are great. That darn Pokemon Origin nostalgia series. Everything is steering me toward picking up the game. I'll probably end up buying it once I'm done with Etrian Odyssey IV, which I'm playing now :).

Someone who actually plays EO?!?! I never expected to find another EO fan here :D

Just bought Y now, with my download speed, I might have it done in 5 hours, hopefully sooner, either way it looks like tomorrow will be the first day I actually get to play it.

I will probably pick it up eventualy, if only for Bulbasaur.(The awesomest pokemon in the world.)  But for the moment Etrian Odyssey : Untold took top priority, as I have been a huge fan of the series ever since the first game all those years ago, and this is a remake of my favorite in the series. B)

From what I've heard of Pokemon X/Y so far, it is an impressive step up from the previous games. (which were also great)

I will be picking up either x or y just because I want an excuse to use my DS (Which I bought for the sole purpose of playing monster hunter) and also because I want to try the nuzlocke challenge.

I will be changing one of the rules though; legendary dudes are exempt from the "One catch per zone" rule. I am far too ocd to outright kill them.

I will be picking up either x or y just because I want an excuse to use my DS (Which I bought for the sole purpose of playing monster hunter) and also because I want to try the nuzlocke challenge.

I will be changing one of the rules though; legendary dudes are exempt from the "One catch per zone" rule. I am far too ocd to outright kill them.

I think that's fair enough. If my starter died I think i'd just leave them in the PC until after the elite 4 instead of releasing them.

Someone who actually plays EO?!?! I never expected to find another EO fan here :D

Just bought Y now, with my download speed, I might have it done in 5 hours, hopefully sooner, either way it looks like tomorrow will be the first day I actually get to play it.

It's my first EO game actually :D. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It kept me company during a work trip a few weeks back.

I'm very, very impressed by this thread: The Nuzlocke Challenge

Silvachief... your "journal" entries...

Heh, since the Nuzlocke challenge specifies that your Pokemon are considered dead when they faint, I wanted to take a look at a society that battles Pokemon the the death a little more closely. Surely anyone involved in that would be a little bit...off... ;)

I pre-ordered Pokemon Y from a store and it should be here sometime during this week according to the mail they sent back

I completely envy everyone that was able to go to a store and buy a physical copy on the day of release, it was impossible for me so i figured i'd just pre-order it since i'm not going to get it on the debut day.

Totally psyched up for it and i'm keeping it all fire starters as i've always have, at least charmander is definitely going in my party.

Hopefully we can have some threads related to the game here in the forums.