Visual Novel Monthly Recap - July + August 2019 News

NowItsAngeTime

This is a new solo video series I'm starting to recap Major News each month related to Visual Novel Releases, Announcements, Major Project Updates, and the Community.

For the first video, I wanted to include July since it was a pretty big month with all the Anime Expo announcements.

Feel free to leave any feedback, positive or negative. Constructive preferred.

The contrast between the picture and the voice was a bit shocking at first. :lol:

Besides that I like the idea. I mean it didn't offer much if you follow the scene closely, but not everybody does or has the time. Even for me this short reminder of what happened in the last two months was nice. I generally liked that you put relevant pictures in the background with most news, as an visual aid. It would be nice to extend that to the new announcements during the conventions, or if that is to much work to edit, at least put list of the announced titles in the background. A lot of the new titles don't have translated names when they get announced and It would be easier to see the name on screen for the new projects.

I liked that you incorporated some Japanese news as well (new Yuzusoft and Minato announcements) but I am afraid that you open a whole can of worms with that. I am sure there where plenty of Japanese VN news, announcements and releases during that time, so how do select what to feature in your news video and what not.

7 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

The contrast between the picture and the voice was a bit shocking at first. :lol:

Besides that I like the idea. I mean it didn't offer much if you follow the scene closely, but not everybody does or has the time. Even for me this short reminder of what happened in the last two months was nice. I generally liked that you put relevant pictures in the background with most news, as an visual aid. It would be nice to extend that to the new announcements during the conventions, or if that is to much work to edit, at least put list of the announced titles in the background. A lot of the new titles don't have translated names when they get announced and It would be easier to see the name on screen for the new projects.

I liked that you incorporated some Japanese news as well (new Yuzusoft and Minato announcements) but I am afraid that you open a whole can of worms with that. I am sure there where plenty of Japanese VN news, announcements and releases during that time, so how do select what to feature in your news video and what not.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I am nowhere near Chiwa Saitou's amazing abilities so I didn't even try.

I did consider pics for all the con announcements but there were just so many lol.

If this series is liked enough I'll probably go the extra mile for convention stuff.

And yeah I'm aware that including Japanese only stuff can be a can of worms but it can potentially hype people up for an English release if they like.

Edited by NowItsAngeTime

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck on your next video here, and more people who cover translation news is always good (I know that you may add some Japanese VNs news here). Also if you want to add some of your opinion on a particular news here, feel free to do so (After all I always do that whenever possible). By the way while JAST and Sekai announcements is very good, unfortunately my trust on those two companies right now is very low but at least currently JAST worked on GOLD here (Right now Sekai still didn't worked on Amatsutsumi yet).

Edited by littleshogun

11 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Good luck on your next video here, and more people who cover translation news is always good (I know that you may add some Japanese VNs news here). Also if you want to add some of your opinion on a particular news here, feel free to do so (After all I always do that whenever possible). By the way while JAST and Sekai announcements is very good, unfortunately my trust on those two companies right now is very low but at least currently JAST worked on GOLD here (Right now Sekai still didn't worked on Amatsutsumi yet).

For Japanese releases I pretty much only cover really high priority releases or ones that will likely be localized in some capacity.

I do add a sentence of opinion here or there but I want to try to just keep it about the news itself as much as possible.

Next video should be coming up in a week or 2.

7 hours ago, Saosin said:

Since I follow some groups on Steam like Sekai and others, I am usually well informed about releases. You still said few other things I didn't notice so thats good. Videos like these are still in demand, keep up.

Thank you! My September vid should be coming early October.

Edited by NowItsAngeTime