Books about visual novels?

Seraphim

I have a decent collection of books that are related to video games in one way or another (development diaries, encyclopedias, artbooks, etc) but I haven't had much luck finding any targeting visual novels. Doing a search for "visual novel books" only seem to get me results for comics and graphic novels.
Are there any books about visuals novels that someone here can recommend? I don't mind if it's in Japanese, since I'm currently learning it.

I know of one academic book on visual novels, this one: https://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=pl&lr=&id=AXSuBAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq=visual+novel&ots=Q_neD06m7i&sig=aNeZb9gZ6NGc5qWgO63pp0wNlMU&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=visual novel&f=false

I only read fragments because the specific topic it is about was kind of outside of what I was looking for. I also had ambivalent thoughts about what I read, but still, this might be literally the only piece of literature on VNs available in English. There might be some Japanese ones, but I also wouldn't be surprised if things were similarily barren out there – I mean, particularily with eroge, I don't imagine it being a prestigious topic. 

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

That is pretty much the only book I already know of, but I saw some bad reviews for it so buying it seems like a bit of a risky gamble. And yeah, I imagine books on VNs would be far less likely to sell well than books on regular video games, but I'm thinking there might be some Japanese ones. I would love to read a development diary of some sort, especially for more well-known titles (like Key's VNs), but that is probably hoping for too much.

From what was available for free, that book seems to be way too barebones on the subject. It would be nice to see a work diferentiating the origins of the genre within pc gaming (erotic focus) and console gaming (non-erotic focus) or questioning if VNs are for western adventure games what JRPGs are for western RPGs.

On Amazon.JP, there's actually a "History of Eroge" book in Japanese.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/エロゲー文化研究概論-増補改訂版-宮本直毅/dp/4881818597/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0/358-2814548-5781603?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N08SVS7QT2S0BP36KNTS

This is something I personally wanna check out and possibly translate in the future.