Help installing japanese visual novels

Elated

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the instalation of japanese visual novels. So, the thing is whenever I download a visual novel I usually get an error, the same one in every game: It says something in japanese characters(i think error) and then the error message has the file where I installed the game, something like C:\\Downloads\\(etc) and then some more japanese characters. Usually I just download the files and extract them and then run them but whenever I run them that error message appears. I do have my computer set to japanese and I also tried to run the games with the locale emulator, but it still doesn't work. Any help?

P.s.: I have installed some visual novels and some work, but others don't work,specially, more recently.

Are you sure you have all settings you need in japanese? Some titles require your time setting to be in japanese for instance. Also something I have noticed in some of my physical japanese titles is that renaming a folder the VN is in or changing its location can in some cases cause it to not work, probably because it uses folder locations to locate programs to use (said something about not finding a program). Other than those things I don't know what it could be.

Edited by bakauchuujin