Fall Anime List of 2019 (UPDATED)

Sonicboom2.0

I noticed a few new ones were added so I decided to make an update post, Let me know if you find anything interesting in watching. 

Anime Fall List Lineup of 2019

I'm really excited for My Hero Academia S4, Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai!, and maybe if I can get caught up with the series SAO.

I like hearing what you guys are excited to see so I hope you have fun discussing things! ^^

I don't get why they are giving the crappy Granblue a second season... the first season was bad even for a game-based fantasy anime.

Lots of junk isekai anime... I kind of wish they would have continued Maou-sama into next season, since it is the thing I'm enjoying the most right now (mostly for the laughs).   I love junkfood isekai, so I'll probably enjoy myself, but I do wish they would finish or continue some series that already exist rather than constantly putting out new half-seasons based off of random light novel series.

I'm not excited for Hero Academia.... the series has good moments, but I hate endless shounen series that never get to the point.

I'm surprised they are doing more Psycho-pass, since I felt the second season concluded things nicely (and that world is creepy as hell, even for dystopian sci-fi).

2 hours ago, Clephas said:

I'm surprised they are doing more Psycho-pass, since I felt the second season concluded things nicely (and that world is creepy as hell, even for dystopian sci-fi)

Yeah, I never watched it but even I thought the series was done. Could be another thing they're trying to milk the cash cow with. I tried watching Psycho-pass but for some reason I just couldn't get into it. Maybe my taste in anime weird lol.

Well, my picks for the season haven't changed since the previous thread. :sachi: Somehow this season will have a lot of stuff that I'm already familiar with, even if there's possibility that some adaptations may turn out to be rather trashy.

Chihayafuru is the only 'sports' anime I've ever watched, as I'm typically not really the fan of the genre, but, surprisingly, I really liked this anime. I personally consider it pretty underrated - it really sucks how low this is on the list. It was one of my first I've ever watched back in 2012. I still need to catch up with the second season, and I'll probably just watch it together with this new season closer to its end.

Ascendance of a Bookworm is one of my favorite isekai light novels I've ever read, and, according to pretty much everyone who read it in Japanese, I didn't even get to the best part yet. The protagonist reincarnates as a terminally ill little girl from a poor commoner family in a realistic Medieval fantasy world, who also wants to become a librarian in the world where most people don't even know how to read, and a single book costs a fortune. I'm somewhat expecting this anime adaptation to be a rushed mess, but who knows? Definitely recommended if you like good worldbuilding and characters who actually feel 3D and don't follow your typical Japanese archetypes.

Didn't I Say to Make my Abilities Average in the Next Life? is another trashy isekai. :meguface: Or so it seems at first, but the author is actually pretty good at avoiding the usual pitfalls that make these kinds of LNs completely unbearable, and in the end it's more of a well-written healing slice-of-life that happens to be set in another world and has a  Ditzy Genius  One Punch Woman for a protagonist. Surprisingly, it also has some sci-fi elements. The magic in this world is actually caused by a large number of nanomachines and apparently doesn't break the laws of physics. The manga adaptation, on the other hand, is complete trash, so I really hope this anime follows the original LN and not the manga.

As for Conan, I believe currently Gosho was searching for a lot of material in regard of final confrontation, so he need to dragged the story here which obviously not favorable for the fans. Not to mention a lot of hiatus that Gosho take thanks to his health issue (Not as severe as Togashi yet), and you have a recipe for a very huge Arc Fatigue in that apparently even Japanese was fed up so much that Gosho decided to end up one of his subplot quickly (Chiba x Naeko plot anyone?).

Back to topic, while I'm still watch STPC here (And it's about time that they'll announce 2020 PreCure logo at October later) I'll keep my eye on Average Ability, Cooking Master Boy (Will they continuing from the old anime or remade it from scratch?), Raise of the Bookworm, and maybe Rifle is Beautiful. About Choujin anime here, what I can say is that if the author add eight more human and threw them into isekai as well maybe we can have another Danganronpa anime. Seriously the seven characters there wouldn't be out of place in Danganronpa death game, especially with them basically being the best in any field. Other than that, not much to say for now so I'll try to comment more on those later.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 weeks later...

What's bothering me about this new season now that it is almost here is that there is no notable iyashikei... How am I supposed to get through my week without something so fundamentally adorable that it can make me feel good and warm inside for days afterward?  lol