Tsurezure's New Project - Gin'iro Haruka

Yeah you didn't read it wrong, and it's real. Anyway apparently Trip find a passion inside him to translate Ginharu here, and so we have a new project from Tsurezure here. As for the progress, there'll be more on that tomorrow so let's just enjoy the common patch for today (Yeah we also already have common patch release) and you can get it from their website as usual. I'll use this thread post their progress later, and I'm looking forward to the final patch here.

Edited by littleshogun

no wanting to lessen the "surprise", but somehow i already expected this. irru´s a cool dude that enjoys interacting with moefags & trip´s metamorphosis from beast into a 1000+ line eating monstrosity at breakfast already started during him marathonning tsujidou, irreversibely so. anyhow best of luck to both and guess 4chan´s on fire right now

I'm trying to decide whether to read the routes as they are released or if I should wait until they all have been. I'm leaning towards the former, since that should reduce the feeling of repetitiveness I got from Hoshi Ori due to the massive length and how similar the routes were in some respects.

Edited by Seraphim88

I prefer to use Fan Translation Discussion though, but I guess it could work here as well (I'll make the 2nd thread about this with the poll later on). Anyway even though it might be already expected that we'll have Tsurezure translated Ginharu here, I'm still glad that Tsurezure decided to work on this so good luck to them.

Edited by littleshogun

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I prefer to use Fan Translation Discussion though, but I guess it could work here as well (I'll make the 2nd thread about this with the poll later on). Anyway even though it might be already expected that we'll have Tsurezure translated Ginharu here, I'm still glad that Tsurezure decided to work on this so good luck to them.

Whops, it got moved when I merged the threads! Moved it back, fanTL discussion is indeed the right board! 

To say I'm really excited for this is an understatement :D. I've been wanting to read this since I learned about Hatsukoi 1/1. It seems RIGHT up my alley, with the setting, the art (I really like Tone Work's' art), and (I presume) the soundtrack. That + the all-powerful osananajimi heroine tag has me extremely interested. Probably the best part, though, is that it will most likely be translated really quickly, given how quickly their previous translations have taken. Between this, Aokana, Senren Banka, and Majikoi there is going to be quite a lot of nice and meaty VNs to read :D...

13 hours ago, Wildbreed said:

Conjueror Said in his review that each route is almost 20 Hours long.. add in all the heroines and your looking at an 100 hr VN

*sighs happily*. Do you have a link to the review?

6 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Compared to HoshiOri, that seems like pocket change.

Oh boy how long are the routes in HoshiOri, do you know? 

Hahaha, these guys are crazy. Turns out they've already translated one of these short routes. https://tsurezurescans.wordpress.com/

10 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Compared to HoshiOri, that seems like pocket change.

This seems like an odd thing to say. Time is relative in how long people take, but length in terms of script is not. The routes in HoshiOri are on average shorter than Gin'iro Haruka's, I think. In fact, their update confirms that Bethly's route is a fair bit longer than Rikka's.

Edited by Mr Poltroon

5 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Hahaha, these guys are crazy. Turns out they've already translated one of these short routes. https://tsurezurescans.wordpress.com/

This seems like an odd thing to say. Time is relative, but length is not. The routes in HoshiOri are on average shorter than Gin'iro Haruka's, I think. In fact, their update confirms that Bethly's route is a fair bit longer than Rikka's.

Bethly route first followed immediately by Hinata? These guys really know what they're doing :sacchan:

2 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Bethly route first followed immediately by Hinata? These guys really know what they're doing :sacchan:

>nonchalantly translating its common route + the 2nd longest of the game alongside his thesis proposal and whatnot

talk about making people (me included) feel like ass scratching monkeys...

Edited by SaintOfVoid

4 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Obviously it mean that you didn't need to wait for 50,000 years in order to have Ginharu being translated, so good for you.

Anyway you can just read the post at their blog (And Trip's blogpost in that it have pretty good summarization about his experience on translating Ginharu), but for the sake of completion I'll post the progress below and I'll try to summarize it.

Common: 100.0%
Bethly: 100.0%
Mizuha: 0.0%
Yuzuki: 0.0%
Momiji: 0.0%
Hinata: 24.07%
Total: 32.56%

Yeah we already have Betly's route fully translated, although obviously Irru was being busy though so we need a wait for a while in order to have Bethly's patch released (A couple of weeks apparently). We also already have the route order, in that after Hinata they'll translated Momiji's route next following by Yuzuki and finally Mizuha, so I'll obviously call the full patch as Mizuha's patch just like I'd call HatsuKoi's full patch as Yukino's patch and Hoshiori's full patch as Natsuki's patch (Also Tsujidou's full patch as Renna's patch). As for Mizuha herself, other than we have Maya's VA (Sakurai Harumi) returning to voice her apparently her route is the longest one in Ginharu and that Rikka's route writer was the one who write it.

I guess that's all for this week update.

Can anyone confirm if Gin'iro Haruka has extensive after stories? That was one of my favorite parts of Hoshi Ori, since I don't like how romance in VNs, manga and whatnot tend to end with the characters getting married and then just a brief epilogue with a few sentences to wrap things up.

35 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

Can anyone confirm if Gin'iro Haruka has extensive after stories? That was one of my favorite parts of Hoshi Ori, since I don't like how romance in VNs, manga and whatnot tend to end with the characters getting married and then just a brief epilogue with a few sentences to wrap things up.

I can confirm extensive after stories, but what you say confuses me a little.

What you say is most definitely not accurate. Most VNs and manga conclude at the end of high school. Some manga go a bit further into marriage (or just start of college), but that's rare, and exactly what Hoshi Ori and Gin'iro Haruka do. I don't understand if you're asking for more than that (which I cannot confirm or deny).

Well, it's not always a matter of literally ending with a marriage, so maybe that was a bad example. My point is that they rarely delve into much detail about what happens after the characters move on from their school life into adulthood. Even when there are after stories, they seem to usually focus more on showing off additional h-scenes rather than further developing the story.
It doesn't matter if it's just slice of life stuff; I still enjoy seeing what the characters' lives are like down the line.

Edited by Seraphim88

19 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

Well, it's not always a matter of literally ending with a marriage, so maybe that was a bad example. My point is that they rarely delve into much detail about what happens after the characters move on from their school life into adulthood. Even when there are after stories, they seem to usually focus more on showing off additional h-scenes rather than further developing the story.

Well, in this game you have nothing to worry about.

It's a fine line, though. There are some things that I would rather not have known, like in the ending to Amane's route in Grisaia no Kajitsu, when you learn that

Spoiler

Yuuji passes away prematurely from cancer and Amane has to live on without him for several decades.

22 hours ago, SaintOfVoid said:

>nonchalantly translating its common route + the 2nd longest of the game alongside his thesis proposal and whatnot

talk about making people (me included) feel like ass scratching monkeys...

20 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Obviously it mean that you didn't need to wait for 50,000 years in order to have Ginharu being translated, so good for you.

Anyway you can just read the post at their blog (And Trip's blogpost in that it have pretty good summarization about his experience on translating Ginharu), but for the sake of completion I'll post the progress below and I'll try to summarize it.

While it is impressive how fast they're going (though it should come as no surprise having seen how quickly they TL'd Hoshi Ori), I was just talking about the fact that they picked the 2 best girls to start off with. :makina:

6 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

It's a fine line, though. There are some things that I would rather not have known, like in the ending to Amane's route in Grisaia no Kajitsu, when you learn that

Hide contents

Yuuji passes away prematurely from cancer and Amane has to live on without him for several decades.

yeah and then 

Spoiler

their granddaughter gives amane a ticket to heaven and then she dies immediately, causing her and her parents to believe they killed her grandmother and scaring the girl for life!