Kojima

GMCD6SZ.png
Presents
Fortune Arterial: Western Approach Project 
(English Translation Revival Project)

Fortune-Arterial-Free-Download.jpg

Welcome
To the Fortune Arterial: Western Approach Project

To begin, Fortune Arterial is a Visual Novel developed by August Soft (Commonly referred as August) and released back in January 2008. Even getting its own anime as a plus. Moving forward, the anime is but a bunch of hogwash and leaves on to question themselves at the end. As such, most found themselves jumping onto the Visual Novel to get a deeper understanding and make the decisions themselves as the protagonist; However, the Visual Novel was only released in Japan, thus with no English or other language patches included in that equation. A several groups prior to AnimeCentric have taken on the task to introduce an English translation of Fortune Arterial, yet never finished it whether it been dropped or abandoned. As I've established this group to take on the task of what should have been finished years ago, and perhaps with the support of the community I can make that happen within the oncoming year and share the glory with the western hemisphere, hence the title Western Approach.

I'll admit I've only ever watched the anime, being blind to the fact that a Visual Novel existed with it till recently this year. And being a tech overlord, I've decided to put my skills to work and crack the game which was a simple task. However, I'm just a plebeian English native and don't know Japanese whatsoever besides a few words, but reading it is beyond my skills. Thus, this recruitment thread exists to find those willing individuals to assist me in this project.

Recruitment
As for recruitment, here's the basic breakdown of who I'm looking for to be on the team

• Japanese > English Translator (At least 2)
  • Additional Programmers (Help with the ripping process)
  • Quality Assurance / Editors / Testers 

Want to join the team? Either message me here, the Fuwanovel Discord, or add my discord KojimaEX#6131

See Also
Progress Tracker

If you don't know Japanese don't start a project. Don't wanna piss on your dreams but this is most likely never happening, and in the event you even got two translators (unlikely) they'd take approximately 2 years to finish this even if they did multiple hundreds of lines every single day.

T. Someone who worked on the game's translation in the previous attempt and dropped out for reasons.

Clown world continues.

Edited by Jeremiah Sand

1 hour ago, Jeremiah Sand said:

If you don't know Japanese don't start a project. Don't wanna piss on your dreams but this is most likely never happening, and in the event you even got two translators (unlikely) they'd take approximately 2 years to finish this even if they did multiple hundreds of lines every single day.

T. Someone who worked on the game's translation in the previous attempt and dropped out for reasons.

Clown world continues.

You may doubt me... However, it won't stop me from realizing something I've yearned for. And hell, I'm not the type to back down from a challenge even if things don't go according to plan, e.g taking longer than planned. I do appreciate your words of advice, but just you wait...

5 hours ago, Kakure said:

Are you going to start the translation from scratch or finish what the partial patch didn't?

Edit:Nvrm

Not sure what your guess was for an answer, but yes I'm starting from scratch. As I've received word from one of the original patch authors that it partial wasn't polished and contained translation errors, and due to how many years its been since the release, the affected areas are unclear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...