Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

Mutank

Regarding the Suigetsu VN

For those unfamiliar, I'm referring to https://vndb.org/v913#main

its a very old game, dating back from 2002 so I doubt a lot of people have played it.

Now I'm trying to start up, and I realized that there are no voices for any of the characters.

The original game had no voices, but vndb lists VAs, so I'm assuming that one of the later versions had voices added to them.

However, the only info I could find on the matter is that there is a DVDPG version from 2008 with voices, and no other mentions on the subject.

If anyone happens to have played a voiced pc copy of the game , please let me know.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but lack of voice acting is kind of a major killer for me.

I feel the same. Playing a VN without voices is kind of a bummer. The prose and atmosphere must be really good most of the time to make me have an interest in the game if it has no voices, and that's why Higurashi despite being a sound novel is so good. If it has a PS2 port you should probably try to find an ISO. There must be a torrent link somewhere on the internet, but I have no idea since it's an old game. Maybe nyaa.si or anime-sharing have them. If you find it, there is a PS2 emulator called PCSX2 which can be used to play it. It's a trashy emulator and very complicated to set properly too, but it's a VN so it should run smoothly. I dunno about a dreamcast emulator so I'd leave it there.

Edited by Zou

I just checked - PSP version is voiced too, ISO can be downloaded from various ROM hosting sites (and physical version can be bought cheaply on ebay), and it runs fine in PPSSPP. It seems to even be hookable using CheatEngine with HookAnyText plugin, but will require some tweaking.

Also - PSP version uses "traditional" ADV format instead of NVL.

BTW thanks for mentioning this VN - I didn't know it, but it seems interesting, and art looks very nice.

As for +18 versions - all PC versions are unvoiced, and AFAIK DVDPG version of any VN is absolute nightmare to play.

Edited by adamstan

20 hours ago, adamstan said:

I just checked - PSP version is voiced too, ISO can be downloaded from various ROM hosting sites (and physical version can be bought cheaply on ebay), and it runs fine in PPSSPP. It seems to even be hookable using CheatEngine with HookAnyText plugin, but will require some tweaking.

Also - PSP version uses "traditional" ADV format instead of NVL.

BTW thanks for mentioning this VN - I didn't know it, but it seems interesting, and art looks very nice.

As for +18 versions - all PC versions are unvoiced, and AFAIK DVDPG version of any VN is absolute nightmare to play.

Apparently it's one of the 'classics' of VNs, and was fairly popular in its prime. I got my hands on the ISO for the PSP version and am trying to see if I can get it hooked to a decent

text extractor, or even better, crack open the archives. Pity the DVDPG version is more or less extinct, they even made animated cutscenes for that thing and never added them 

to PC renewal editions.

Edited by Mutank

Looks like the dl versions on dlsite and Getchu are both no-voice.   The original download edition that might or might not have voices doesn't seem to be available.