Regarding the Suigetsu VN

Mutank

For those unfamiliar, I'm referring to https://vndb.org/v913#main

its a very old game, dating back from 2002 so I doubt a lot of people have played it.

Now I'm trying to start up, and I realized that there are no voices for any of the characters.

The original game had no voices, but vndb lists VAs, so I'm assuming that one of the later versions had voices added to them.

However, the only info I could find on the matter is that there is a DVDPG version from 2008 with voices, and no other mentions on the subject.

If anyone happens to have played a voiced pc copy of the game , please let me know.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but lack of voice acting is kind of a major killer for me.

I just checked - PSP version is voiced too, ISO can be downloaded from various ROM hosting sites (and physical version can be bought cheaply on ebay), and it runs fine in PPSSPP. It seems to even be hookable using CheatEngine with HookAnyText plugin, but will require some tweaking.

Also - PSP version uses "traditional" ADV format instead of NVL.

BTW thanks for mentioning this VN - I didn't know it, but it seems interesting, and art looks very nice.

As for +18 versions - all PC versions are unvoiced, and AFAIK DVDPG version of any VN is absolute nightmare to play.

Edited by adamstan

20 hours ago, adamstan said:

I just checked - PSP version is voiced too, ISO can be downloaded from various ROM hosting sites (and physical version can be bought cheaply on ebay), and it runs fine in PPSSPP. It seems to even be hookable using CheatEngine with HookAnyText plugin, but will require some tweaking.

Also - PSP version uses "traditional" ADV format instead of NVL.

BTW thanks for mentioning this VN - I didn't know it, but it seems interesting, and art looks very nice.

As for +18 versions - all PC versions are unvoiced, and AFAIK DVDPG version of any VN is absolute nightmare to play.

Apparently it's one of the 'classics' of VNs, and was fairly popular in its prime. I got my hands on the ISO for the PSP version and am trying to see if I can get it hooked to a decent

text extractor, or even better, crack open the archives. Pity the DVDPG version is more or less extinct, they even made animated cutscenes for that thing and never added them 

to PC renewal editions.

Edited by Mutank