Translating Clover Days help extracting text

Dyntec

Hello all. 

As of right now I'm in the process of creating a fan translation patch for Clover Day's! 

I've run into a bit of an issue though as I'm new to the translating gig. So here's what I have.

I can read and write japanese just fine, so there's no issue there. However, extracting the text to replace with the english alphabet is becoming a problem. Clover day's files consist of .xp3's primarily. I've used Garbro to extract a scenario file which I believe should hold the actual text. Opening this with notepad++ reveals a wall of (what appears to be) encrypted or compressed text. SO I gave up on using Garbro and went along to try out krkrextractor. Then I followed the intstructions of making sure the krkr exe and dll file are in the game directory, however the krkr main menu doesn't open. 

SO, in the end I'm back to square one. I can't extract anything to edit and repack. Any advice?

*also tried xp3tools but dear christ cmd absolutely hates me.... invalid syntax and unaccessible folders for days....

Instead of doing everything from scratch, which is a huge pain, I suggest you contact Astro, the lead translator of the previous translation project. He already got the whole thing translated, just not edited, so with some luck, maybe something will happen.

https://cloverdays.wordpress.com/

Edited by Satsuki

5 hours ago, Satsuki said:

Instead of doing everything from scratch, which is a huge pain, I suggest you contact Astro, the lead translator of the previous translation project. He already got the whole thing translated, just not edited, so with some luck, maybe something will happen.

https://cloverdays.wordpress.com/

pretty sure and going by astro himself, there´s been publisher xy who prevented them from releasing anything (officially and not). dunno if he´d just give away all that´s done so far, quite possible others may have asked him already, but to no avail. and even if dyntec were to create a new project, it´d be obviously better to do so whilst staying under the radar as much as possible.