Clephas' suggest a VN corner

Clephas

11 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Cartagra?

I'm not familiar with the VN industry in Japan, so this is just an educated guess.

Didn’t cost as much to make, no voice acting, fewer words, fewer visuals, means you don’t need to have as many people purchase the game, means you don’t have to be as safe as companies today tend to be, means you got more variety and/or experimental weird stuff.

you forgot KnS (that was the example i was waiting xD ) you can find in any genre a few tittles but they are really scarce.  

Innocent Gray's sales have always been pretty borderline from what my Japanese eroge-nakama say.  Traditional horror mystery VNs don't sell as well as moege, and they usually spend most of their budget on the art.

you either risk your company selling something that doesn't appeal a wide audience or you sell a crappy product that everyone will like and you have a minimum amount of sells assured. That's just business in general.
Also I don't think it was cheaper to make a vn on the 90' just because of the lack of voice acting. The art style was amazing (imo even better than many vn of this days) many of them were a mix of adventure games and visual novels, also programming a vn in the past was much more difficult than it is now.

https://vndb.org/v532

I heard good things about this one, though it is currently sitting in my backlog.

Sorry to say, there just aren't any others I could think of off the top of my head.  Music isn't generally the focus of any of the VNs I've seen or played, though single heroines or characters sometimes were musicians.  A lot of it is that, in order to make a VN focusing on music, the writer has to have intimate knowledge of the music in question, lol.

• 4 years later...

hi. this is probably the dumbest request you'll ever receive, but whatever. i'm looking for an english-translated short/medium visual novel. if possible, i'd like a chuunige, but the genre is not really important. thank you in advance.

Edited by ryougi