Shinimasu 100% tl celebration thread

U01BuR1.png
It took me 1 year and 8 months to do it, but I've finally finished translating all 2265 lines of Watashi wa Kyou Koko de Shinimasu - in our localization, This is where I die today. During the most active period (where I did ~85% of the work), I managed a staggering pace of 6 lines per day.

Shinimasu is a nakige that doesn't waste time - it manages to present a multifaceted, compelling plot in its 2 hour playtime. It starts with a suicide attempt, and if you've ever felt like it yourself, you might find it intensely relatable. It's not afraid to show its characters weak or indecisive, but that doesn't mean they don't show their strength as well. Two misfits meet, lick each other's wounds, and - if nothing else - at the end of it, they're no longer alone. How do you live on this goddamned bitch of an earth? Maybe you'll find an answer in this visual novel.

I've previously livestreamed reading my raw translation of the first episode on Twitch; I'll be doing the same for ep 2 at 8pm CEST on Monday (the 12th). You can watch a recording of the first stream here:

Ask me about Shinimasu, translation, my new avatar, or anything else you'd like, and I'll answer you in a potentially spicy manner.

21 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Took you long enough.

umikara/hotel/endland when?

12 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Congrats on finishing it, but I think I'm more impressed that you changed your avatar tbh 

same

I actually planned it out tbh, I was going to do 1 change at 50%, 1 at 100%, and I've got one planned for actual release day. Then maybe 3 months after I'll switch to the old one again... or something from my next tl project I guess lol.

6 hours ago, Ramaladni said:

Any plans for future projects? How have your thoughts/feelings regarding translation changed compared to when you started this project? Also, Muramasa when?

After finishing off Shinimasu - which involves also translating the side story, the 325 line fd, and managing everything that comes after tl in the process - I'm looking to translate Shimaisou. It has a pretty different writing style which will allow me to write fancy which is something I enjoy. It's also a commercial product so if anyone's interested I might sell out.

I think I've generally adopted a slightly lower quality standard than the autistic level I started with, while still keeping it fairly high (and probably also gotten better while working on it which helps). I've probably also gotten better at getting work done in general; I think I used to be at 20 lines per hour, and I can probably do 50 now. I basically have the same philosophy as when I started - it should be okay English after I'm done with it, with the editor doing polish - but it's slightly tempered by knowing that if my speed is too low I'll just never get anything done.

You should ask HMN when I'm reading Muramasa but it's like still more than a year away I should think.

1 hour ago, VirginSmasher said:

You were the one doing Endland, though...

Yeah it's like #5 on my list or something. I was mostly being considerate because you seem kind of weak and 3k lines at least is plausible for a near-worthless individual such as me or quite probably you (you did quit halfway through a 120 line doujin) to finish unlike whatever the other games have.

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

When will you play KIRIKOI!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

(the only way you could ever get a majires on this from me, and you did it?????)
I tried a bit of the trial and it didn't seem that interesting to me, though not obviously bad or anything. Anyway if I'm gonna read a saga planets game its going to be me finishing hatsusaku, which I'll do after either PLC or Sanzen or both

7 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Yeah it's like #5 on my list or something. I was mostly being considerate because you seem kind of weak and 3k lines at least is plausible for a near-worthless individual such as me or quite probably you (you did quit halfway through a 120 line doujin) to finish unlike whatever the other games have.

A 120 line doujin after only having learned Japanese for 2 months, mind you. I knew my limits. w