Cerulean Days [Romance/Drama/Mystery/SoL/BxG][Demo & Kickstarter available!]

LeafCascade

NjrRzF0.jpg

DDBCzMI.jpg

Click here to be taken to it!

Demo download links:

Windows --- Mac --- Linux

8IsLN8T.png

Inre Island.

A seemingly idyllic, modern island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. A constant tranquil breeze along a mild climate, and a well-off society embracing a harmonious way of life. Its citizens often refer to the island as their very own miracle, counting themselves lucky to have been born on it. Tourism is low despite Inre being a highly desired travel destination, and for good reason. Not only is it a trip only the rich can afford, a rigorous regime means a special visa is required for entry.

Over a course of six months, a lethal biological attack claims a significant amount of lives. While tragedy occupies people's minds to the brim, a controlling governmental plan is constructed and put into motion. All to prevent such attacks from ever occurring again. The following years, Inre Island's citizens face unexpected change from their usual ways. On a sombre day – damp, dark, and horrifying – the internet is shut down, leaving the island disconnected from the world around it.

2020 - present.

After a long internet-less spring tinged with uncertainty, a new system to replace it with is introduced. A new "internet" along digital setbacks result in major changes to everyday life. Unable to adapt, many find themselves spiritually stuck in a world that no longer exists.

Suddenly, the island appears shrouded in mysteries. The closed hearts are many. A select few want a way out. But most want to reset and forget.

People who never would've met, meet.

People who never would've loved, love.

An island that had never known sadness, knows it now.

Cerulean Days is set in 2020, and follows two outliers of society – mellow Michael and competent Séverine – as they discover the true effects of 2018. Amidst tragedy of lost friends and family bonds are grown, solace is found, feelings blossom, truth is discovered, and conspiracies are seemingly unraveled.

Hearts in need of mending await you. Welcome to Inre Island.

yUyMOua.jpg

HtR6gHx.png

Séverine - A creative and intelligent girl working as a professional pastry chef in a luxurious mall. Due to strict schooling and an arduous upbringing, she has a habit of setting a high bar for both herself and those around her. She has a bold side to her, but typically only lets it show around people she's comfortable with. Her past is filled with loneliness, but found comfort in chatting with like-minded people online. Due to the changes to Inre Island, and their effects on the social landscape, she is put in a position she's unfamiliar with. And she does not like it.

Vs5sdTR.png

Grace - A kind-hearted and bubbly woman working at Inre City High School. For three years, she was Michael's homeroom teacher. After a tragic personal crisis of Michael's, Grace offers him all the support a grieving one could wish for. Since that day, they've lived in harmony under the same roof. Since that day, they've found solace in each other's company. Since that day, they've been an uncommon "family".

cuXkq8m.png

Rose - A cheerful full-time streamer meets an internet-less society. Confusion about life ensues. Her online community – her everything – is forever gone. Rose is lost, and knows not how to get out of the pit she has been put in. And her stubbornness makes everything all the more difficult! Will she adapt? Or will she remain stuck, holding onto fragments of her past?

VBrDXld.png

U7YOEud.jpg

JDvehc8.jpg

6rMytbK.jpg

Greetings, Fuwanovel!

I'm Leaf, and I like to create stories in my favorite medium: visual novels! This is my third project, and it has been titled Cerulean Days. And I come bearing a demo! A great deal of effort has gone into it, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on both the demo and the game as a whole! The download links are at the top of the page, but I'll put them below as well. A Kickstarter campaign is also running currently – please give it a look if you like what you see on this page!

Windows --- Mac --- Linux

If you have any other thoughts or questions – let me know!

- Leaf

Edited by LeafCascade

not your everyday trope ridden crap, nice art, intriguing setting (from the little i´ve got so far), no fukking no jp-names & what seems to be a well thought of concept. backed.

edit: + there´s fukking finally someone using a nice and readable font. not that sterile looking stuff u always get

Edited by SaintOfVoid

9 hours ago, SaintOfVoid said:

not your everyday trope ridden crap, nice art, intriguing setting (from the little i´ve got so far), no fukking no jp-names & what seems to be a well thought of concept. backed.

edit: + there´s fukking finally someone using a nice and readable font. not that sterile looking stuff u always get

Thank you for the kind words and the support! Honestly, these are things that often bother me about EVNs too, so yeah, definitely understand where you're coming from. "Be the change you want to see," or what is it they say? haha.

2 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Those horror games today... They go too far. :michiru:

Truly terrifying, I know. That's why I'm making my characters go through it, so you don't have to. :sachi:

3 hours ago, LeafCascade said:

Thank you for the kind words and the support! Honestly, these are things that often bother me about EVNs too, so yeah, definitely understand where you're coming from. "Be the change you want to see," or what is it they say? haha.

i don´t even know why the vast majority of devs keep using those minimalistic looking fonts or ui in general, totally destroys any and all immersion. like it´s a product where ones main focus lies on reading, so why that stuff. worst examples are where them sprites and backgrounds are kept cute/ fantasy-esque, and contrary to that you get an interface/font which looks like straight out of the 90s.

5 hours ago, SaintOfVoid said:

i don´t even know why the vast majority of devs keep using those minimalistic looking fonts or ui in general, totally destroys any and all immersion. like it´s a product where ones main focus lies on reading, so why that stuff. worst examples are where them sprites and backgrounds are kept cute/ fantasy-esque, and contrary to that you get an interface/font which looks like straight out of the 90s.

Yeah, not sure, maybe because it's considered "modern" or maybe they just don't have the best sense for graphic design. Not that I'm the best at it either – I let Sunako decide everything visual. lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, and thank you all for supporting Cerulean Days' Kickstarter thus far!

This a short update to let you know that there's now only roughly 48 hours left of the Kickstarter campaign – now's the time to strike if you're interested in any of our Kickstarter-exclusive rewards. After the campaign has been finished, the majority of rewards will not be available again. The 18+ stretch goal is not yet reached, so please check out the campaign if you think you'd be interested in helping out towards that!

Leaf