100 Vocab to Study to help get you started on reading H-Scenes in Japanese (Anki and Google Doc included)

NowItsAngeTime

Google Doc List

Anki Deck

So as many people know about me, I'm open about how much I like H-scenes. Since I started learning Japanese a while ago, I figured I'd take things to the next level and learn some H-scene specific vocab and even create a list to help people who are interested.

Some of these words may apply to H anime or H manga, but for the most part I based a lot of these on various H-scenes I liked.

This list is far from comprehensive, because believe it or not not ALL H-scenes are exactly the same. There are different types of words and situations that can't be covered in just 100 words that accounts for all types of writers. Even if a lot of H-scenes are just moans, sound effects, and kimochiis.

That said, I believe my list of words covers words/kanji you'll be seeing a good amount in most vanilla H-scenes. Speaking of which, this list is mostly based on eroge vanilla H-scenes. Eroges tend to be pretty vanilla so if you want more fetish-y words you'll have to find a different source which I'm sure exists.

I tried to only include words that are specifically used for H-scenes, common every day words that would have different meanings in H-scenes, or words that are used so much they had to be included.

Also, this list expects you to know a basic level of Japanese like knowing plain form of u and ru verbs, i and na adjectives, etc. If you see conjugations that aren't in plain form you'll have to figure out what those are yourself.

If anyone has any comments, questions, or critiques on words I'm missing, or incorrect readings/meanings feel free to say so.

1 hour ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

If there is one specifically for H scenes that's more comprehensive I'd like to know what it is.

I've seen it only randomly when I was browsing stuff. Since I don't use Anki, I didn't bother saving it or anything. It was pretty much something I saw on a whim but wasn't curious enough to check it out.

Edit: But if I recall correctly, it was shared on r/vns.

Edited by Infernoplex

• 2 weeks later...

Just see this, and quite a vocabulary there (Well you obviously wouldn't want to slip word 'apple' in the sex scene, and I remember that Tsukihime slipped one). So thanks for the list here, and at least my Japanese vocabulary was increased a bit here even though all of those are quite raunchy for obvious reasons.