Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

Freestyle80

Farther Than the Blue Sky(HareTaka)Delayed by Mangagamer

After SukiSuki was wondering if they'd ever release this but I guess they'll try, along with having issues with their payment gateway Mangagamer announced that HareTaka will be delayed.

Well hopefully they fix their payment thing and its out before the end of the year or earlier.

I'm not sure how a business like this can keep going when they stop selling the vast majority of their lineup for months at a time, and even delay new releases because they're fixated on release on their (broken) store or not at all.  Japanese devs have gone under for less.  Meanwhile the likes of Sol Press are struggling just to get by, even without such levels of dysfunction.

Edited by sanahtlig

26 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I'm not sure how a business like this can keep going when they stop selling the vast majority of their lineup for months at a time, and even delay new releases because they're fixated on release on their (broken) store or not at all.  Japanese devs have gone under for less.  Meanwhile the likes of Sol Press are struggling just to get by, even without such levels of dysfunction.

Well, TBF, I'm not sure Sol Press is doing poorly, they're just doing poorly in VN department, which they can somewhat afford as it's not their main venture. :P But damn, this does look bad, and considering it's not even the first time this happens. I wonder if it's even worth having their own store when they get all their income cut for months-on-end? What kind of cut would J-LIST take for hosting their games?

20 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

What kind of cut would J-LIST take for hosting their games?

Should be similar to Valve's cut: ~30-40%.  Keep in mind the expense of running a digital shop is not trivial.  By cutting retail out of your operation entirely, that's a significant savings in time, effort, and money--especially if you're just going to suck at it anyway.

Well suck would be the nicest way to put it, and yeah it's too bad that it's delayed. Hopefully we can have the new release date as soon as possible after Mangagamer solve their mess on payment processor, especially when we know that Mangagamer didn't have this on Steam unlike Minagoroshi (It have Steam page, so at least they still able to release it back at July 18th).

Also pretty much all the titles released this year, like Trinoline, aren't currently available to buy from their shop.

They must be fiddling with their server, is what I think. Sadly this has made them lose some sales, most likely.

I think MG is already gone under and they will close shop soon . I am glad i spent 300 euro when i heard about payment processor and got all my wanted games from them . RIP Manga Gamer

Edited by tracekira

2 hours ago, tracekira said:

I think MG is already gone under and they will close shop soon . I am glad i spent 300 euro when i heard about payment processor and got all my wanted games from them . RIP Manga Gamer

They have like over 10 pending releases, nowhere close to be 'going under' 

Its guys like Sol Press that are in the red

1 hour ago, Freestyle80 said:

They have like over 10 pending releases, nowhere close to be 'going under' 

Its guys like Sol Press that are in the red

Sol press can't go under before finishing the Irotoridori no sekai series though :o

Nah, they're ... okay, they're not "fine".  But this has happened at least once before, when their Steam key policy backfired and caused a raft of fraud that forced them to get cut off by their then-current payment processor.

MangaGamer still has games on Steam making them money, and they are run by a group of Japanese VN companies anyway.  Sure, the games on Steam probably aren't making them that much money, but that's always been true and they've been around for 10 years now.