Best Kiss Scene In A Visual Novel

Ranzo

So, here I was, playing Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai and I couldn't help but notice but man, these kiss scenes are pretty shit. I mean look at these two examples distance and attack of the horror mannequin

Why can't this artist put the lips together, is it really so hard?

Anyway, this bothered me because to me at least, a kiss scene is often the best moment of a Visual Novel, especially after a really long common route.

So, mini rant aside I was wondering what your favorite or best kiss scene in a Visual Novel was. Tell me.

I think my two favorites are the kiss scene in G Senjou No Maou when they are under the moon and the kiss scene in Lucia's route in Rewrite when they are both overlooking the city.

Edited by Ranzo

Walkure Romanze (the original) had a number of semi-H scenes with the platinum blonde (don't remember her name, it's been so long) that had stages of kissing.  Generally speaking, though, CG kisses are primarily during h-scenes (where they aren't really shown, just the aftermath) or restricted to all-ages titles where it is the closest they get to H content, lol.  Occasionally, you'll see kisses during a confession scene CG, but that has gotten pretty rare as CGs in general have fallen in number per game.

I really can't be bothered to look for too many screenshots now, but yuri games often have nice kissing scenes? Mostly because everyone has a face and the protagonist beign  showed off is part of the appeal? Flowers have some pretty cool ones, Heart of the Woods too, a lot of smaller EVNs I've played...

Some of my favourites might still be the ones from Starlight Vega. There's a kissing scene in each route (and some kissing in the 17+ love scenes too):

Spoiler

F71F99E1AE89C0A5253FD0BEE30CB5DD755DC116

Spoiler

do2ousnajagz.png

Spoiler

lyria_by_szafalesiaka_dddnvlm-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODU5IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYThiODgzNTUtYzhjNy00YjE2LThhN2EtNGFhOWZjMWIwNGZmXC9kZGRudmxtLTdhZDRhNGM2LTZkODQtNDI5MC04ZmE5LWI4ZDZiYzU4NDcxNy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.FzyhEgbempd-mdj3RYOZM-nzxyzRO1Q8XCv8xRG5Ty8

I'm not even sure if these are good by anyone else's definition though. I mean, what makes for a good kissing scene? It kind of either gets me or not, and the build-up has just as much to do with that as the art itself. :3

Feels like it would be pretty hard to point out a best one. Your "resistence" kinda goes up as you read more of them too, so some of the first ones you read would have an advantage.
And yea kind of like Plk_Lesiak said, I think the buildup is even more important than the art.

I recently encountered a pretty good one in Tsubaki's route in Koikari though, had a really nice BGM during it too.

Spoiler

cE9hTaR.png

Edited by ArgentstR

Aoi Isuzu from Hoshimemo. 

Everything (yes, the whole 30 hour slog) was building up to this moment and the location is both perfect on a visual as well as a thematic level (it helps that the hoshimeme banger plays in the background).

I think it's fair if I call this the only good scene in the entire route.

Spoiler

nyY741E.png

I guess art wise any GL VNs could be qualified, because simply we always have MC with face and so we can see the MC faces whenever she kissed. Other than that, I guess I'm neutral about it. By the way as for Hoshiori kiss above, I guess we better use imagination if we want to see proper kiss.