Mein Waifu is the Führer

Thyndd

Devgru-p games are actually somewhat interesting with how their approach their parodies – I imagine that if someone is a WW2/history buff, they'll find tons of well-placed references to real events and biographies of the "heroines". It's super-distasteful of course, but I kind of won't be able to resist giving it a try anyways. Also, officially reserving the right to do a FuwaReview for it. :P

Considering that ATLUS need to censor Hitler to allow Persona 2 to be localized (Presumeably), I guess it'll be hard to accept here so I wouldn't comment much on this seeing that it's a very sensitive issue. If anything, at least I can comment that the age are obviously very hilariously uncanny with the 'heroines' looks too young for their supposed age, and that we didn't have cute Reinhard here (Sorry).

Edited by littleshogun

24 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

They could at least get the title right... :makina:

Meine Waifu...

Besides that I don't think the world needs this, but oh well...

The way the titlecard is formatted I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a pun on "Mein Kampf".

As for the game itself, this could go either way. The best satires about the Third Reich expose how pathetic its leaders actually are once you take away the aura surrounding them. I can see an angle where turning Hitler into a yandere or whatever could deliver on that front. Then again this game could turn out to be one big edgelord "hahaha genocide" joke, which is really something nobody needs (at least I don't).

15 minutes ago, alpacaman said:

The way the titlecard is formatted I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a pun on "Mein Kampf".

I think it's a refernce to "Mein Führer", but either way "Mein Waifu" just sounds weird to a native speaker.

But I guess for 99% of audience "mein" sounds more German than "meine".

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Yeah, that's also possible. Then again German doesn't really have fixed rules when it comes to the grammatical gender of foreign words. Speaking about the title, what is "the definitely unauthorized parody" supposed to mean? Who could have authorized this game? Is Hitler still alive somewhere in South America :gasp:

Just now, alpacaman said:

Speaking about the title, what is "the definitely unauthorized parody" supposed to mean? Who could have authorized this game?

I believe it references "My Girlfriend is the President", but I don't think that has much bearing on the actual content of the game (unlike their North Korea game which was a very direct spoof of Go! Go! Nippon).

13 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Never thought I would see Dergonu support censorship.

Never said they should stop production. I think this is in bad taste and wouldn’t want to back it myself for that reason. They are free to make whatever they want, though, even if it does make people go "but why though?" That’s the beauty of free speech, I guess. 

So... can we invade europe with our waifu? 

If the story changes and you win the ww2 with your waifu, then gg

(or maybe we can save hitler by going to the true ending and send her to the art school)

Edited by Cardinal

11 minutes ago, Cardinal said:

(or maybe we can save hitler by going to the true ending and send her to the art school)

Knowing DEVGRU-P (and history) this story can only end badly, although the excerpts suggest invading Europe is indeed a part of it...

33 minutes ago, Cardinal said:

Wargirl Games is making an actual strategy-esque VN called My Little Dictator which might be more along these lines. It's been in development since 1945 anyway it feels like.  

53 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Wargirl Games is making an actual strategy-esque VN called My Little Dictator which might be more along these lines. It's been in development since 1945 anyway it feels like.  

Wow, seems pretty cool.... (really) Even with the rpg gameplay... thanks!

I love plots with wars, invasions, conquest etc...