[Chaos;Child] "FAR TOO LATE - Slumbering Fools" - Release of the final episode

The original Visual Novel already hinted about Mio's time in America, however it never properly explained what happened to her back then. This was supposed to be taken care of by a manga called "Children's Collapse" as well as an audio drama called "FAR TOO LATE - Slumbering Fools".

Over the course of the last six months I animated the majority of the audio drama the entirety of the audio drama (except for a few Slice of Life scenes) in a Visual Novel esque manner. It's been quite a wild ride for me - and I probably put in way more effort than it was worth - but in the end I came up with a self-contained animation, which covers all relevant scenes and will give you a good impression of the story - in a not-only-acoustic way.

I know everyone judges animations differently, some might prefer if only the "bare bones" were animated, while others are quite happy about more extensive animation, experimenting with new ways to surpass the one used in the original VN. No matter who you are - I hope that I managed to convey the story in an at least somewhat faithful way, and that I found a consistent style for everything from episode two onwards (as the pilot-episode is animated in a different manner from the rest of the drama, partially due to a lack of routine on my behalf, but also due to the lack of character sprites).

Chaos;Child is one of the rare "darker" and more "serious" VN's, and was overall received very well. Even for me it turned pretty much into one of my favourite stories, despite the fact I don't normally read Visual Novels. I always had the impression that VN's are the perfect way to consume a story, and that's also why I think it's so sad 90% of the market share of localized and non-localized titles likewise consist of Slice of Life content mainly directed at a rather young teen-audience. Chaos;Child's SOL scenes aren't a lot better on that regard, but as those aren't what drives the plot it's fine and can be ignored most of the time.

While reading I really had the urge to contribute something in some kind of way, to recreate the unique way the VN was able to establish its atmosphere. While it took me a lot of time to come up with a script to render the text and to put the actual animation together in Kdenlive, it was definitely worth it. Sure, the animation itself still has a few glitches which bug me until today. But it comes fairly close to the original VN's animation regarding the character sprites and textbox. So at least personally I feel satisfied with the result.

Today I finished animating the last part, mostly focusing on Shinjo and Takuru, but also on Mio and a perhaps hinted (?) change in her attitude towards Gigalomaniacs. This one pretty much turned out to be what I wanted it to become, and was quite refreshing to watch after the last part about Momose and Shinjo was more or less done in a rush... I'll pass the "final judgement" on to you though ;)

"Final" (Part 4):

The entire playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy_Bwyf7LCb5c73MCP0JRgVd2uovEYRoN

No matter if you like or dislike it, I'm always happy about any comments ('_v')

Edited by Senri-in-the-Minamisawa