Noratoto - 18+ Restoration Project

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Maxstv said:

Quick question does the second game use the same engine as the first game?

ENG release, yes. It's on Kirikiri, just like Noratoto 1 ENG. But we don't know yet what engine does the JP release use. I just talked with our hacker, and he said if they didn't change the engine in the JP release, Noratoto 2 Restoration would be doable too (no promises that the TLer would stay for that one, but we're just daydreaming for now).

6 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

ENG release, yes. It's on Kirikiri, just like Noratoto 1 ENG. But we don't know yet what engine does the JP release use. I just talked with our hacker, and he said if they didn't change the engine in the JP release, Noratoto 2 Restoration would be doable too (no promises that the TLer would stay for that one, but we're just daydreaming for now).

JP releases both use the Minatosoft engine iirc.

A shame Jack has to leave, but real life takes priority so it's understandable.

Anyway, I'll be taking over as main editor and project leader of the restoration, and right away I'll be making some changes:

We will do two patches: One with the original translation + H-scenes, and another doing a TLC pass for the whole game.

After reading it for a bit, I realized right away that the base translation is atrocious and the inaccuracies are abundant, so we've decided to go the IMHHW route and do a TLC pass over the whole game. This game DESERVES a proper translation, and not the butchered version TokyoToon/Harukaze shat out. But we also decided to split said TLC effort from the H-scenes patch, so as to not make people wait for it (it would make me happy if you did, though).

There will be some style changes too: We will use present tense for the narration. The great majority of visual novels are written in present tense because they're meant to be seen from the eyes of the protagonist, and while I do agree that past tense does look a bit better than present tense if done properly, in this case it was obviously NOT done properly, and I don't believe myself good enough to try.

Regarding Noratoto 2: The hacker said he'll start working on it, but I don't want to get ahead of ourselves. This project's been going slow but steady, so let's not rush it.

The translation's been stalled for a bit because our TL has been sick, but we should start picking up speed again soon.

So yeah, the H-scene patch is still months away, but we WILL see this restoration done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really wanna thank you guys for keeping the work on this project and putting lots of effort into it. I hope that this will be finished at least before september 2020 cuz i'm not gonna play this VN at the university lol i can't even think about me being spotted while doing this))) Anyway, good luck, I cheer on you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just made an account to say that I appreciate you guys working on this patch! I was super upset when I found out that this novel won't have a downloadable patch and heard that almost all hope was lost to restore the deleted scenes. When I recently found out about you guys working on it, I got super excited and can't wait (however long it takes) for you guys to finish! I'm also glad there are people like me who don't just see H-scenes as some sort of eye-candy but also understand the importance and relevance of them to the actual plot (I like to see the relationship of MC and the heroine progress to the next level, so to speak). Once again thank you and good luck! 

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, UnHolyFiretruck said:

Hi just wondering if you guys are still alive? i get worried when i don't hear anything for a while. i was overjoyed when i heard of your project so i hope everything goes well and good luck.

TL here.

Glad to see people care about this project. It makes it even more worthwhile.

Things slowed down a bit over the holidays as I dealt with family obligations and all that jazz but the pace should be picking up again shortly. As for the progress, I'll leave specific updates to the team lead but rest assured that things are still progressing well.

12 hours ago, Zephyrast said:

TL here.

Glad to see people care about this project. It makes it even more worthwhile.

Things slowed down a bit over the holidays as I dealt with family obligations and all that jazz but the pace should be picking up again shortly. As for the progress, I'll leave specific updates to the team lead but rest assured that things are still progressing well.

People do, but I guess no one dare since usually people get lectured when they ask for update so rest assured

Hey, what's up? Here's some updates for the project:

Patricia's second H-scene, and another script after it which was removed, are done. Total lines done: 1287 out of 8586. Rounded up, that's 15% done so far!

Editing is currently sitting at roughly 9%. Like Zeph said, much of our team was busy for the holidays, myself included, but we should be picking our pace soon.

Here's hope next update we can bring it to 30%.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 5:44 AM, Markovich said:

Hey, what's up? Here's some updates for the project:

Patricia's second H-scene, and another script after it which was removed, are done. Total lines done: 1287 out of 8586. Rounded up, that's 15% done so far!

Editing is currently sitting at roughly 9%. Like Zeph said, much of our team was busy for the holidays, myself included, but we should be picking our pace soon.

Here's hope next update we can bring it to 30%.

OH MY!!!! I'm lookin forward to it... Can't wait for this

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry chief, but that ain't happening. Trying to accept any kind of money would see us receiving a C&D letter, shutting our whole operation.

Moreover, this is a fan project. For fans by fans and all that, see? Bringing in money ruins the fun of doing it.

If you still want to support us with money, buy yourself a beer or tea and enjoy that while reading our work once it's out. Paraphrasing Trip's discord because I have no shame.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...