Noratoto - 18+ Restoration Project

5 minutes ago, Nier said:

Can't see anything.

Strange. It shows images fine on my end.

2 minutes ago, marcus-beta said:

Well, I don't use chan, but will be good if he contact-me (that shit is anonymous), I already have like 95% of the work ready...
In my case I just need modify the extra menu and fix some jump labels, then it's ready to test.

I don't use 4chan either. Only browse it from time to time.

Also, great work :) It's great to hear you managed to solve 95% of the tech stuff already. I didn't hope for anyone to be so fast on it... truly, great work ^^

The images above confuse me a little. Are these people looking to translate the rest of the game? In that case, I shall be stepping down. There is no reason for several translations of the same thing. I wanted to pick this up as a hobby project since no one else seemed interested, including the original developers. But if someone else has started translating, there is no need for my help I suppose. I am sure someone with more knowledge of the game will be able to produce a better translation.

Edited by Blooming Sakura

6 hours ago, Blooming Sakura said:

The images above confuse me a little. Are these people looking to translate the rest of the game? In that case, I shall be stepping down. There is no reason for several translations of the same thing. I wanted to pick this up as a hobby project since no one else seemed interested, including the original developers. But if someone else has started translating, there is no need for my help I suppose. I am sure someone with more knowledge of the game will be able to produce a better translation.

Based on the post they don't have an actual translator anymore but are looking for one. They are pretty much just doing all the tech work(hacking and text insertion).  I'm sure if you contact them they'd be more than happy to have you do translations otherwise it sound like they'll just use a machine translator(probably googles auto-translator).

Okay, so we got into contact with the person from 4chan. No, there's no overlap with the projects. They don't have a TL, and what Marcus did for the tech stuff is already beyond what they've achieved themselves, so instead they are gonna join us. Also, an update regarding names...

@DisplayName informed me that Shachi's name should be romanized as Shachi Yuuri, not Yuri like it's in the settings menu. They got it wrong in the settings, but inside the game, they used the full romanization.

6 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Does Yandex even have a translator for Japanese?

It does, but I'm not really sure if it's better.

I recently attempted to read a certain Japanese web-novel using a Translation Aggregator (not something that I normally prefer to do, but I was a bit too excited to learn what happens next, so I acted a bit immaturely). Overall, Yandex gave some... very interesting results sometimes.

2019-04-01-21-54-24.png

(I'm sorry, I wasn't originally going to upload this so I don't have the original Japanese text).

PS. Though, come to think of it, Google also sometimes skipped entire sentences.

49 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

As expected, MTL translators produced gibberish. You'd have better luck just TLing each word one by one from Japanese and making up a story based on that than attempting to MTL, ahahaha :D

Yeah, definitely. I tried to rely of the text parser rather than on MTL, and the result I got was just barely understandable, and probably only because the original text was rather simple. And even text parsers made a lot of mistakes. Honestly, this method just isn't worth it in most cases.

Admittedly, the results MTL produced there were rather comedic at times. :yumiko:

Spoiler

2019-04-05-12-03-50.png

Spoiler

2019-04-05-00-00-32-1.png

Edited by Dreamysyu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sherlock4869 said:

Hi,  just want to say thanks guys for translating the 18+ version on the game,  won't play the game yet and will when the patch comes out. Keep up the good work :D

That. I'm also going to wait for the patch. Really don't feel like it would be worth otherwise.