How is the dracu riot fan patch?

Aqo

11 minutes ago, Aqo said:

Just curious if I should just read the fan patch now or wait for the official patch

not that super good and reads a bit weird at times, BUT still better than waiting another 3 years or so until its official release that´s been marketed with soon....

Well I would say that you better to just pick the available translation, seeing that Sekai might not be able to release this anymore or to put it nicely they need some more very long wait to be able to release it. Or if you still have some doubt then you can try it first, and if you didn't find any particular problem with the translation then you can continue with the available patch.

1 minute ago, littleshogun said:

Well I would say that you better to just pick the available translation, seeing that Sekai might not be able to release this anymore or to put it nicely they need some more very long wait to be able to release it. Or if you still have some doubt then you can try it first, and if you didn't find any particular problem with the translation then you can continue with the available patch.

Will do, thanks guys :)

A few comments on what is changed with the official version:

The action scenes, which were almost universally incorrectly translated, were fixed.

A number of major story scenes where the original translator seemed to mistake the subject (who did what to whom or who an individual was talking about or to) of entire series of lines were fixed.

Complete grammatical overhaul of large portions of the text.

A few parts were already done when it was leaked (mostly the early-stage grammatical fixes), but most of that work was undone at the time. 

Edit: To be clear, I am not opening the field to the usual translation-bashing.  Raw translation is always imperfect.  Editors can fix grammar but they can't fix tl mistakes most of the time.  There is a good reason the official localization is recommended, despite how much time has passed since it was handed over.