Elf Enchanter: Arousing Anima

Belgerum

bQLPE0F.png

TrOnSEw.png4XDY3Fy.png

YmkGsxP.pngx69kYGL.png

An insecure support mage adventures with a spear-wielding dark elf, defeating slime monsters.

One day, he accidentally casts a monster-taming spell on his companion, making her submissive and obedient.

The following days are full of trouble, awkward situations, and sexual tension.

Will this accident drive them apart, or bring them closer?

----------------------

I'm Belgerum, the developer of Demon King Domination and Magebuster: Amorous Augury, here with another erotic game!

Elf Enchanter: Arousing Anima is a visual novel game where you play as Roy the mage. When your companion Miriel comes under your control, will you take advantage of her, or try to salvage your friendship?

The game contains three endings, each featuring lovingly-produced HD erotic scenes, an original soundtrack, and full English voicing for Miriel.

----------------------

Store pages:
Steam
Itch.io
Gamejolt

Developer's Site:
Patreon

Oh right, it's today. Thank you for review copy BTW! :)

Sadly, I was kind of disappointed by it?

Spoiler

It actually did very little with the premise. Because there's no real branching at the beginning and, at first, the protagonist always backs out before acting like a real scumbag, the dark ending that comes later is kind of not believable. I'd expect a game like this to go much darker in a variety of ways, and tempt the player on a regular basis. As the game is now, it's very forgettable, it doesn't manage to stand out like your two earlier titles did. I know the "plot" is not the main point here, but still, there's a lot of dark eroge for people to choose from nowadays, it's not enough to just exist to keep their attention.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Sadly, I was kind of disappointed by it?

Hide contents

It actually did very little with the premise. Because there's no real branching at the beginning and, at first, the protagonist always backs out before acting like a real scumbag, the dark ending that comes later is kind of not believable. I'd expect a game like this to go much darker in a variety of ways, and tempt the player on a regular basis. As the game is now, it's very forgettable, it doesn't manage to stand out like your two earlier titles did. I know the "plot" is not the main point here, but still, there's a lot of dark eroge for people to choose from nowadays, it's not enough to just exist to keep their attention.

Yeah, I'll admit that this game was a sort of experiment to see if people would like our games better with less of the darker themes, as well as something to go between larger releases. As far as I'm seeing, it wasn't really a great move.

I do plan to do better with our next game, though. Gonna get back to form and make something dark again.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1126240/

37 minutes ago, Belgerum said:

Yeah, I'll admit that this game was a sort of experiment to see if people would like our games better with less of the darker themes, as well as something to go between larger releases. As far as I'm seeing, it wasn't really a great move.

I do plan to do better with our next game, though. Gonna get back to form and make something dark again.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1126240/

Well, to be clear, I didn't necessarily mean that the fact there was less of dark stuff was the problem, more that there was too little control and variety in both good and "evil" options, making all of them underwhelming in the end. It didn't feel like my input led to any of those endings, they just happened before I could really get invested in any of it or build some kind of fantasy. One could say I'm just expecting too much in a nukige, but in my experience this is completely doable with just a bit more story content and well-thought-out choices. If there was more opportunities to be cruel/cross the line, the "good" route where you reject them would also be more compelling. :)

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Well, to be clear, I didn't necessarily mean that the fact there was less of dark stuff was the problem, more that there was too little control and variety in both good and "evil" options, making all of them underwhelming in the end. It didn't feel like my input led to any of those endings, they just happened before I could really get invested in any of it or build some kind of fantasy. One could say I'm just expecting too much in a nukige, but in my experience this is completely doable with just a bit more story content and well-thought-out choices. If there was more opportunities to be cruel/cross the line, the "good" route where you reject them would also be more compelling. :)

Fair enough. I'm also working on that front as well.