Share a weird/stupid/disturbing dream

I won't hide that I'm mostly creating this thread due to not being able to sleep after one such dream, but it's still a travesty that we didn't have a similar one since 2014. I thought weird dreams are a constant with people consuming excessive amounts of weird media.

So, getting to the point, today I dreamed that I was a shift manager lady (!) in a night club. After talking to one of the clients I've noticed she had a gun in her purse. I've asked if she had a permit and she showed me a laughably-fake one, after which I said I have to confiscate the gun. She started panicking and screaming while I was taking it away (along with $200 penalty for bringing illegal stuff to the club), so soon the owners and most of the staff gathered around and it became a mess of everyone shouting and the client accusing me of stealing stuff from her. I woke up heavily stressed out and couldn't sleep anymore. :michiru:

Funny thing is, I'm usually able to pretty easily pinpoint what inspired my dreams (it's quite often something I've seen or read recently, combined with other media I've consumed in the past or RL occurrences), but I have no idea where any of that came from. :s

Edit: I just remembered that I read an article about a luxury brothel in Germany yesterday. I guess that's where the setting came from? Although that's still the only part that feels even remotely connected to anything...

So, anyone has some interesting dreams to share? :chaika:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

I've once had a dream which I wasn't even a part of. Just a spectator from a third person (or bird) view.

I obviously have more weird (and more weird) dreams, but I'm kinda lazy to try and remember the details.

A few cases of sleep paralysis as well. This phenomenon can be incredibly stressing and scary, but I've kinda found a way to deal with this (and stressing/scary dreams in general). Simply said, I am able to force myself awake while I'm aware of my dream. It's kinda good that i managed to take control of my dreams at least partially. From my experience, if you remember any dream at all when you wake up in the morning, that means you were aware to an extent, and when you are aware, you can control your dreams (just have to realize it and learn how to).

Edited by Zidan209

Well, I definitely had a lot of very weird dreams during my life. One pretty epic dream I can remember happened very long time ago (probably around middle school). I remember that inside that dream I was reading some kind of book. It was a story about a music player that was damaged in a train catastrophe, and it was taken to a hospital, and the doctors for some reason mistook it for a human and started healing it, and in the end, many years later, it basically turned into a human. And I think it had some kind of a tragic ending, but I'm not sure. I wonder how my brain managed to make this kind of a story, lol.

10 hours ago, Zidan209 said:

I've once had a dream which I wasn't even a part of. Just a spectator from a third person (or bird) view.

You know, before some time ago I pretty much always had dreams like that. Even if I were a part of my dream, I always was looking at myself from the third person perspective. I think it stopped happening after I reached adulthood.

Most of my bad dreams involve either getting fired or failing out of school. One in particular that has stuck with me was a situation where I was running my Subway store by myself, but it was a super slow day and I hadn’t had a customer in several hours so I decided to leave the store unattended for the rest of my shift. I can’t remember what I went and did but when I got back a family had moved into the store with a bunch of furniture and was eating all the food and I couldn’t get them to leave. I woke up shortly after that but I’m sure the conclusion would have been me getting fired.

The moon was dyed in a sinister crimson red, almost the same color as blood. The blood I have seen too many times. It reminded me of my fellow brethren who died in the great depression. They were heroes. They died for our sins, the common folk. They gave their lives to protect our freedom. And yet we lost it, we lost the battle. Their names now long forgotten and even the people who were once our comrades do only smirk when they hear about their deaths. Traitors, filthy traitors. They got their piece of the pie by betraying our common interest. They did it solely to give light to their own little niche. It sickens me to death. That day a part of me died and so did the large lurking part of the community. I still have nightmares and sweat profusely when I wake up. Every morning I wake up with the horrible sense of defeat. The defeat of shit post, the death of the old mod team. And yet this forum lingers on only waiting for their credit to run out. Good luck comrades and bon voyage.

I was 14 or something, when I walked past my local LIDL (a German grocery store brand) with my best friend and witnessed a robbery. My friend ran for his life and I stood there watching the culprit run. When the police came, I told them everything and after all that, my friend came back and told me that I made a huge mistake.

On the next day, when I walked past the store again, a hot girl called me by name. I walked up to her, she put a gun in my face and blew my brains out. Then I woke up.

Moral of the story; Don't be a snitch and if you are, THOT beware

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a world with a river full of strange stones that would grant people dark mutant powers if they touched one. Each person's power was tied directly to the stone that gave it to them, and I had to destroy their stone in order to defeat each mutant.

An evil queen desired to become the most powerful mutant and control the world, and sought out the most powerful stone for herself. But in the end, I was able to use my crossbow to destroy her stone before she was able to touch it, preventing her dark reign.