Otakon Announcements 2019

So based on the remaining hints from their survey at the beginning of the year, we at the very least will be getting something yuri announced. Hopefully it's not the atelier Sonohana game that got a fan patch today.

The hints this year were cats, three, yuri, gameplay, and moege. Cats was done with the nukige from their first con, three was Imouto Paradise, gameplay was probably Rance, so unless they counted the cats cafe VN's as moege, we still haven't gotten one of those.

Considering no new partners it's almost guaranteed we get a Sonohana, as I don't think they have any other yuri options. At least none they would use Otakon to announce. Moege though, that's really hard to pick through. I would guess the Princess Evangile-like from Moonstone(though I want the Sakura thing instead), or Da Capo 4. The third slot could be anything, though hopefully it's not Rance 03, that can wait till next year.

Hopefully they get their payment processor backup soon so they can release stuff again. They have like 8 things in ready to be released already. They really don't need things slowing them down.

The panel is only a few short hours away, but due to time zones I am unfortunately going to miss the announcement.

It's a bit sad that I am going to miss the glorious moment when they announce:

- Evolimit

- Bullet Butlers

- Dungeons & Daimeiwaku -Great Edges in the Abyss-

- Shunkyoku no Tyrhhia ~What a Beautiful Dawn~

- Alpha Nighthawk

(Maybe they save 2 of those for next year.)

But tomorrow I am going to update the opening post and celebrate all of them... :meguface:

Have fun with the announcements!

(Honestly I just don't want to stay up until 3 am for some new Nukige and Moege.) :rubycry:

EDIT: There is an actual useful information that I just found.

On Discord they said that https://twitter.com/Hainiryuun is going to livestream the Mangagamer panel.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Here's their announcements at Otakon below, and for the image and description it was taken from VNDB entry (Actually it's also the same back at AX announcements, but I forgot to wrote it). For this time I'll put the announcements on the quote box below.

Announcement 1 - Sakura no Mori Dreamers

Sakura no Mori â  Dreamers

Soon after after graduating to grade two of high school, Shinji Fukigami saw a spirit. He had seen her before, but didn't know her name, and of course hadn't talked with her before. She was a student in his class. 

Why had she died? What happened?

Even if she couldn't speak in words, she could show him what happened. The thing that laid it's hands on her was a monster in the skin of a human, a "bodach."

From the beginning of that incident, the town that Shinji lived in, "Sakura no Mori," was the stage of repeated incidents. The only ones who could stop this tragedy were themselves. Shinji and his friends got entangled with the supernatural.

The stage of the battle was in dreams. In that deep place, the monsters lurked there inside humans.

To protect their town. To protect the people they love. Sakura no Mori Dreamers went forth to battle the unknown.

Announcement 2 - Magic and Slash

Spoiler

Magic and Slash - Minarai Boukensha Lille no H-na Daibouken

The stage for this tale takes place in a small and remote village called "Cane village". 

The paths leading to the village suddenly change into a deep forest, in addition many fierce monsters make this forest their abode which threatens the peace of the village.

The innkeeper of the village Luis writes a letter to his older sister Tanya, an adventurer by trade, requesting her assistance to investigate the cause of the sudden changes.

After receiving the letter, Tanya brings her disciple Lille along and heads towards the village where Luis is waiting... 

Announcement 3 - Uchikano

Uchi no Kanojo

This is the first title by Argonauts, a sister company of MOONSTONE. Keisuke started working this year and is satisfied with his life, since he found a job in his desired field, even though it’s for a small company. However, despite the motivation and satisfaction of living alone for the first time, he did feel a bit tired from it and wondered if he should find a girlfriend.

Then one day, his younger childhood friend Ayame came to his place. Her parents had to leave overseas for work and were worried about leaving her alone just before the important examination period, so they told her to stay with him as he was quite close with their family. Living together under the same roof, they soon began to view each other as more than just childhood friends.

For the announcements, the biggest one should be obviously Sakura no Mori so I hope that they would quickly worked on it (It's also horror VN, in that the writer (Kure) was already shown that he have a talent to write it even back at Suika part 1). As for Magic and Slash while the MC is suffering here, I like that it have female MC and that the MC's job remind me of 9999 Magic Aptitude novel (Also have female MC), although I wonder though on how the gameplay would be. As for Uchikano, well it's yet another Loca Love like trilogy and the first part here will focusing on the childhood friend here just like the first part of Seiiki.

They also have release announcements here in that they'll release Sengoku at September 12th later, and more importantly they'll release Haretaka at August 15th later which make a very nice gift for my Independence Days (Two days after Haretaka release). At least their payment processor issue didn't stop them to releasing the VNs here, so I'm very content with it.

Edited by littleshogun

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

(It's also horror VN, in that the writer (Kure) was already shown that he have a talent to write it even back at Suika part 1). 

For me, I feel that when Kure worked on Sakura no Mori + Dreamers, he was kind of fixing the mistakes he made when he worked on the previous title Natsu Iro no Nostalgia. There were a lot of people who felt that the story had an abrupt ending; start with something and lose control of it. After Dreamers part 2 (It's short, just 2 extra routes), I'm sure Natsu Iro no Nostalgia will be next on MG's lineup.

My intake of new visual novels has decreased significantly and I'm only able to take in a handful of titles. I followed Moonstone for some time until I was exposed to titles from other companies.

But where's Rance 03? We shall riot!

MG actually announced something interesting, will the hell freeze over?

It was fairly often requested and a Moonstone title so I'm sure everyone expected them to announce SnM Dreamers sooner or later, but great to see it relatively soon-ish. The rest is the usual rubbish but 1 out of 3 is a crazy good ratio for MG tbh. Also, it's weird how we didn't get a single BL/yuri/otome announcement from MG this year (and despite that we still got like only 1 interesting eroge, haha...), I have a bad feeling about 2020... Oh well, it's one good announcement more than I expected today so let's celebrate!

At least we got one interesting announcement with Sakura no Mori Dreamers now. I still take it with a grain of salt since its VNDB rating isn't particularly high for a story VN. We'll see how it turns out.

However, I guess the biggest surprise is that they are actually gonna release one of their many Rance titles which was lost in translation. I was seriouly starting to think their only purpose was to grab the titles to make sure they'll never get released in the west. :leecher:

Edited by ChaosRaven

As expected they announced non of the titles that I truly hope for, but with Sakura no Mori † Dreamers they announced the only Moonstone title that looks interesting so there is at least something for me. Yay!

Here is the Opening:

But they still haven't announced the title that Conjueror & Gare work on so I am curios about that.

They did surprise me with Sakura no Mori Dreamers announcement. I thought NekoNyan's secret project was that title. I know we have been talking before how MG got it, but since they didn't announce it for such a long while, I thought perhaps they didn't get the title at all. In any case, it's a good announcement. It beats the other 2 by a long mile, so I am glad I was wrong and they picked up one title that you can genuinely look forward to. Here's hoping it does well sales-wise, so they pick up the sequel too.

Mangagamer usually does Moonstone titles so them picking it up over NekoNyan is not a surprise. In fact, the predecessor company (Circus) is one of the founders for Mangagamer.

I can't really tell what brands are usually destined for NekoNyan and all their releases have been a surprise so far.

2 hours ago, Veshurik said:

Eeeh, that's also bad... Really only eroge so profitable, that licensing otome/yaoi/yuri have no sense? OMG...

No, I have pretty much said the opposite thing...? Hence why I'm afraid that 2020 will be flooded with those and we won't get many eroge announcements from MG next year. Not that it helped this year, we got only one interesting announcement anyway.

Edited by novurdim

21 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

I still take it with a grain of salt since its VNDB rating isn't particularly high for a story VN.

I'd say the rating is pretty good. It's not a very hyped vn that would get many troll votes, and there are plenty of really good VNs even with lower average.

Anyway, I've seen the OP on YouTube some time ago, and it looked fairly interesting. I'll check it out when it's released.

As for the other two VNs, they look like your usual nukige, so skip.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, jikorde said:

So based on the remaining hints from their survey at the beginning of the year, we at the very least will be getting something yuri announced. Hopefully it's not the atelier Sonohana game that got a fan patch today.

Well, that's very interesting, actually; I don't think any of the Otakon announcements really satisfies the yuri hint, do they?

Edited by Nandemonai

2 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

Well, that's very interesting, actually; I don't think any of the Otakon announcements really satisfies the yuri hint, do they?

Even though they haven't put it up on their blog yet, I think they said that they would be at Anime NYC, so there is the possibility that they announce a yuri title then?

They sort of have now, actually:  mangagamer.org/announcements now says this: Update: Thank you to everyone who attended our Otakon panel! We'll be at Anime NYC next, so stay tuned for more information.

Curiously enough, unlike at AX, they didn't indicate which secret projects the 3 were.  So even though there were 3 Otakon announcements and 3 secret projects, we don't know all the announcements were secret projects.  Maybe none of them were and Anime NYC will be full of announcements!  (Probably not.  Their announcements page has 12 already and they release 1 game a month.)

9 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

They sort of have now, actually:  mangagamer.org/announcements now says this: Update: Thank you to everyone who attended our Otakon panel! We'll be at Anime NYC next, so stay tuned for more information.

Curiously enough, unlike at AX, they didn't indicate which secret projects the 3 were.  So even though there were 3 Otakon announcements and 3 secret projects, we don't know all the announcements were secret projects.  Maybe none of them were and Anime NYC will be full of announcements!  (Probably not.  Their announcements page has 12 already and they release 1 game a month.)

They just updated it, all secret project placeholders have been filled:

http://blog.mangagamer.org/project-status/