Otakon Announcements 2019

Emvgx0p.jpg

Otakon

So Otakon starts on Friday and Mangagamer has a panel and three new announcements.

http://mangagamer.org/announcements/#otakon

July 26th from 7:45p.m. to 8:45p.m.

Mangagamer Announcements:

29793.jpg

1. Sakura no Mori † Dreamers

(Spoiler is NSFW)

Spoiler

35854.jpg

2. Magic and Slash - Minarai Boukensha Lille no H-na Daibouken

34762.jpg

3. Uchi no Kanojo

They also announced the following release dates:

- Farther Than the Blue Sky (August 15th)

- Sengoku Rance (September 12th)

There was a Livestream of the panel that can be found here:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MnxnvlZyPjxO

I don't think any of the other publishers had any panels at Otakon in the past, but if there are any let me know and I will add them to this post.

In the past Mangagamer had pretty good announcements at Otakon so this should be something to look forward to.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

This year Otakon was very early (Usually it's at second week of August), so it's kind of unusual. Anyway at least it mean that we can have two big announcements instead of one in a month. What I expect from Otakon this year would be that Mangagamer will announce all of their three secret projects, seeing that we exactly have three unrevealed secret projects from them. As for my expectation, maybe hoping for Hapymaher FD is still possible despite Purple Software being work with Sekai again. Another candidate would be Gensou no Idea which apparently was suggested by 4chan as one of the secret projects, although I wouldn't be very certain though until I see the announcements later.

Abut Otakon itself, well so far only Mangagamer that was always attend it so you can treat that as Mangagamer announcements here. Of course if Sekai somehow manage to give us late 18+ contents of Baldr Sky announcements or releasing Nanairo at Otakon later then by all mean add it here, and speaking about Sekai the last time they attend Otakon was at 2016 if I remember. As for the timezone at Otakon location, it's GMT -5. I'll look forward to the announcements by Mangagamer later.

Edited by littleshogun

I'm really hoping for a Moonstone or Minori title. 

https://vndb.org/v16069 Natsu No Iro No Nostalgia 

https://vndb.org/v17872 Tsumi no Hikari Rendezvous 

The 2 titles that I shared the vndb links are the titles I want the most from Moonstone and Minori. 

I would also be very excited if a Purple Software title like Happymaher Fandisc or Mirai Nostalgia got announced.

Even a Da Capo 4 or fandisc announcement from 2 or 3 would be awesome! 

Anyway I just hope that we get a Moege or Nakige. Even a Otome would be fine. 

Edited by yelsha57

While Mashiro license would be nice (Kawamura was in charge of anime art direction, so it's reasonable if you find Mashiro's anime art is beautiful), I don't think that Mangagamer will license that because there's no sign that they'll have the license from the new partners. Still it's not like it's bad if we hoping that someday we'll going to have Mashiro being localized, and so does several feng VNs (Hopefully Sekai will pick other feng VNs later).

Mashifoni localization, if it ever happens, is gonna be from Sekai Project (they are currently the only company that has good partnership with Palette), unless NekoNyan or someone else decides to NTR it from Sekai.

Anyway, my guesses for Otakon announcements by MG are:

1) Rance 03

2) Evenicle 2

3) Random kusoge from their old partner picked up on a whim

That's my take on possible Otakon announcements from MG xD

Edited by Infernoplex

25 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Mashifoni localization, if it ever happens, is gonna be from Sekai Project (they are currently the only company that has good partnership with Palette), unless NekoNyan or someone else decides to NTR it from Sekai.

Anyway, my guesses for Otakon announcements by MG are:

1) Rance 03

2) Evenicle 2

3) Random kusoge from their old partner picked up on a whim

That's my take on possible Otakon announcements from MG xD

But NekoNyan didn't NTR anything from Sekai.

8 minutes ago, kokoro said:

But NekoNyan didn't NTR anything from Sekai.

Yuzusoft said hi xD

5 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

No moeshit or regular charage please. For once translate something with an interesting story. 

Too bad VNs with interesting stories rarely sell well. I can't blame localization companies for avoiding such titles.